Show us your kitty cats

Man of Honour
I’ll soon be joining the OcUK feline parent club.

Chocolate tabby British Shorthair boy, 5 weeks old at the moment so will be ready September time :)

So cute!

to day is the day for fraggles, he is getting a tit removed today, and gonna be getting checked for cancer with a biopsy on that thing, i hope he will be ok.
Best of luck. Hope the results are good.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Sorry to bring the mood down, but 2 weeks ago I had to have Ozzie, one of my cats put to sleep :(

He was 16 years old, and was diabetic for 9 years. Unfortunately his little body had become too tired. He went blind in the space of a couple of days and had trouble walking, the vet said he's either had a stroke, a bleed on the brain or a tumour, but they would have to put him under to even do an MRI, and they didn't think he would make it through, and even if they did find something he wouldn't have survived an operation. So they were kind enough during this pandemic to come out to my garden and put him sleep in his own bed so he was in his own surroundings.

RIP Ozzie - This is one of the last photo's I have of the little guy

5cVmjKG.jpg

His sister keeps looking for him, so just trying to comfort her as much as we can now and make sure she is as well as can be, as she is also diabetic, and her kidneys aren't the best either :(

ljt

ljt

Soldato
:( poor Ozzie, least the poor guy is at rest now.
Surprised they came out to your garden, props to whichever vet you are with.

Yeah, the poor chap was so disorientated, a shadow of his former self. We just kept talking to him as much as possible to let him know we were there. It's just left a massive void now as he was such a fussy cat, always next to you wanting a cuddle.

Yeah the vets are really good. They've known us for 30 years or more, we had a burmese who lived until she was 17 before we had Ozzie and Meg.

They came all masked up and kept distance. We stepped back while they administered the injection, they then stood well back while we said our goodbyes as he went to sleep.

Associate
Yeah, the poor chap was so disorientated, a shadow of his former self. We just kept talking to him as much as possible to let him know we were there. It's just left a massive void now as he was such a fussy cat, always next to you wanting a cuddle.

Yeah the vets are really good. They've known us for 30 years or more, we had a burmese who lived until she was 17 before we had Ozzie and Meg.

They came all masked up and kept distance. We stepped back while they administered the injection, they then stood well back while we said our goodbyes as he went to sleep.
Never easy to experience that. :(
Had mine for 10 years, until she developed cancer.
It was nice every time when she decided to walk over me to wake me up. Quite heavy cat, pressure point from her paws was an efficient tool to wake me up.

Soldato
Sorry to bring the mood down, but 2 weeks ago I had to have Ozzie, one of my cats put to sleep :(

He was 16 years old, and was diabetic for 9 years. Unfortunately his little body had become too tired. He went blind in the space of a couple of days and had trouble walking, the vet said he's either had a stroke, a bleed on the brain or a tumour, but they would have to put him under to even do an MRI, and they didn't think he would make it through, and even if they did find something he wouldn't have survived an operation. So they were kind enough during this pandemic to come out to my garden and put him sleep in his own bed so he was in his own surroundings.

RIP Ozzie - This is one of the last photo's I have of the little guy

5cVmjKG.jpg

His sister keeps looking for him, so just trying to comfort her as much as we can now and make sure she is as well as can be, as she is also diabetic, and her kidneys aren't the best either :(

so sorry to hear that :(

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Never easy to experience that. :(
Had mine for 10 years, until she developed cancer.
It was nice every time when she decided to walk over me to wake me up. Quite heavy cat, pressure point from her paws was an efficient tool to wake me up.

Nope it definitely isn't a nice experience, I'm not ashamed to say I was a blubbering mess! Quite the sight in a face mask as well!

It's hit my Mum the hardest, as she lives with me as I'm a carer for her, and most of the time she has to lie in bed and he'd always be by her side as if he knew she wasn't well.

so sorry to hear that :(

Cheers chap. Thankfully we don't have any regrets though, we did the best we could throughout his life, got some great memories and even the vet said, for a burmese with diabetes and kidney problems he's had a good innings.

Soldato
fraggles has the all clear and he has had his stitches removed from his tit been removed :)

wee ginger guy is cancer free, i was expecting the worse :)

rYHuDng.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom