Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Love him to bits but he's a cheeky old fat lump these days. If I'm having a kip on the couch he'll jump up onto the arm of it and bop me on the head till he gets fed, which the missus finds highly amusing.

hehe cats :)

ted will warm my feet on bed and i get woken up to fraggles head butting me and going meow, for pettings i think as he does it after been fed as well :D

Soldato
Can anyone recommend an autofeeder? Getting sick of Chonkenstein here waking me up at stupid oclock. :/

DCForWZ.jpg

aww cracking looking cat, no idea about feeders though :)

Anyone's cat on here have FIV and staying indoors? If so, what are they like (behaviour, health generally, being happy indoors)?

actually looking after my sisters cat who has always been a indoor cat, she had a baby about 1 year 8 month ago and fraggles/rascal has always been a nervous cat with health issues and her living next to a main busy road he was kept inside and we have been looking after him because we couldnt have him peeing on the babies stuff :(

he actually gets very nervous about going near our back door if it is open and is a bit skittish, he has loads of allergys and has been on meds for years, cannae even give him dreamies.

he seems happy enough though and is very cuddly and affectionate and he gets tons of attention from me and loves me playing with toys with him, his sister from the same litter actually got ran over on that busy road a few years ago she was my m8's cat :(

he had a brother that my sister had to keep him company but he passed away, he is getting on with my ted though :)

took this pic 2 mins ago :)

ted and fraggles

dKJaWbx.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
found out earlier that my cousins cat merlin is 22 year old :D he is a adorable very fluffy black and white one and has been a indoor cat all his life i think, i say adorable he gets very hissy if you pet him and he doesnt know you to well, he looks adorable to lure people like me into wanting to touch him, thankfully last time i touched him i detected warning signs and pulled my hand back just in time lol :D

edit: was looking for pics of merlin but came accross fraggles and his brother felix as kittens :)

mph2bpE.jpg

6k72H9i.jpg

ZJWmsBZ.jpg

ee4oniV.jpg

my first ever cat was called rascal and my sister named one of they cats rascal.... rascal was black and white, fraggles is all cute and gingery plus he responds if i say fraggles now :)

also saw him first when he still had his eyes closed yay, my sis has spent thousands on them with some help from my parents, loved felix, loving fraggles now he is on the bed behind me still snuggled up to ted :)

so many health problems with them, felix had a massive lump on his neck, each side of lump was a different colour when drained and confused the vet plus he had a second pair of claws coming through his pads :(

RIP FELIX :(

fraggles and felix were so cute together :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Awww, RIP Felix....with a little mist in my eyes you've reminded me of Sausage and Pudding...

Thirty five years or so a go me and my gf at the time got Sausage and Pudding (we named one each without any consultation lol), both black short haired moggies that were brother and sister. They got on brilliantly, looked after each other and went everywhere together. Sausage didn't have the strongest constitution though and ended up loosing an eye quite early on due to an infection. He recovered really well but had lost some of his confidence, so up stepped little round Pudding to take the reins on their adventures. She wasn't a born expedition leader as we soon found out mind, as about once every two weeks we'd get call saying that they were stuck up a tree, in someone's shed/garage or house - sometimes happily sleeping there when the owners came in lol, as Pudding had seemingly decided that two hundred yards was quite far enough :)

Another funny part was that some nights when we came home in the evening they'd be lined up right next to each other waiting for us on top of our garage...their three eyes perfectly spaced, reflecting back at us like an alien. It cracked us up every time. All great things come to an end sadly and they both left this world for adventures new within a month of each other at the age of 19. A beautiful partnership that we'll never forget.

Caporegime
^ He's a sleek and young looking boy for sure...all ours seem to edge towards the fat, dumpy and somewhat haggered looking :p
Absolutely - every former cat has looked their age at this point. He doesn't really hunt any more, bar the really easy ones but other than that - fit as a fiddle. Apparently some ham and cheese helped him get over his sting.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Anyone's cat on here have FIV and staying indoors? If so, what are they like (behaviour, health generally, being happy indoors)?

My 2 didn't have FIV but both were indoor cats. It really depends if they were brought up from a kitten as indoor only. Mine were indoor from the start, they seemed fine apart from diabetes and eventual kidney disease.

We cat proofed the garden so they couldn't get out and they were only let out when we were there to supervise. As they got older they didn't really care much for going out, they'd go out for a little stroll then come back in and sleep indoors.

If they are used to being outdoors then suddenly have to stop in then it might be more of an issue, but if you have outdoor space then you could try and make it escape proof so you could let them out while you were there, so at least they had some outdoor time.

Soldato
My 2 didn't have FIV but both were indoor cats. It really depends if they were brought up from a kitten as indoor only. Mine were indoor from the start, they seemed fine apart from diabetes and eventual kidney disease.

We cat proofed the garden so they couldn't get out and they were only let out when we were there to supervise. As they got older they didn't really care much for going out, they'd go out for a little stroll then come back in and sleep indoors.

If they are used to being outdoors then suddenly have to stop in then it might be more of an issue, but if you have outdoor space then you could try and make it escape proof so you could let them out while you were there, so at least they had some outdoor time.

My (gf's) previous cat had outdoors access her whole life u til she moved in with me. We let her out a few times a day supervised due to a nearby road where we had an accident before, but since summer started she was desperate to go out all the time which made me sad for her. Due to a breakup, they no longer live with me. Hence I'm not trying to see if I can rescue an indoor only cat, or kitten who I can train from an early age with a harness initially.

Back
Top Bottom