Show us your kitty cats

Associate
We got adopted recently by this little fella - he just turned up on a really cold night in January and decided it was his house now (I say "he" we've got no idea if it's a he or she). We've asked around with neighbors and checked if he's chipped but no joy.

He's very skittish, one eye doesn't appear to work and he seems to be a bit thick, so we're well suited. He's a good mouser though, he's caught two already. I call him Beans.

Edit: three mice, he brought another one home tonight, that wasn't fully dead :eek:

20210209-211221.jpg
Yeah so we've started to realise why this guy was homeless. In the last few weeks we've had about 15-16 mice brought home. Tonight he caught a squirrel. An actual squirrel. I can't work out how he even managed to get through the cat flap with it.

I think he might have killed his previous owners.

Soldato
Anyone got any advice? I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Recently moved house and my two 14 Yr old cats are not settling too well. It's been 4 weeks already and they have been constantly fighting. One cat seems to be getting on better and now attacks the other more timid cat anytime he leaves our bedroom. I've tried separating them, Feliway and nothing is working. Occasionally they seem OK and will lie together but they've been waking us through the night, hissing and snarling at each other. One of them also appears to have started spraying now.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah so we've started to realise why this guy was homeless. In the last few weeks we've had about 15-16 mice brought home. Tonight he caught a squirrel. An actual squirrel. I can't work out how he even managed to get through the cat flap with it.

I think he might have killed his previous owners.

When Abby was in her hunting prime we used to get anything from 1-6 "presents" a day. Our house backs onto fields so there is plenty of wildlife around here. She has brought home Fieldmice, Housemice, Shrews, Voles, various birds, a Mole, Rabbits, A Stoat (vicious evil little git that I thought was dead but promptly latched onto my finger while spraying everything in range) and a bat. How the hell she caught a bat is beyond reasoning. She even had a go at a Pheasant although that turned out to be too big for her and escaped. Not all of these have been dead either and seeing as she dumps her "presents" on the front doormat in the hallway has turned into some worthy Benny Hill style chases around the house. Anything that doesn't fly can easily be kept in the hallway if I am quick enough to shut all the doors and eventually I can catch them and release them back into the field but birds are a completely different problem. The number of times I have chased a bird around the house followed by a pair of manic cats is just crazy. Usually I can open a window and the bird will eventually fly out but sometimes they fly into something and stun themselves. When this happens I pick the bird up, go into the back garden and while holding it carefully in one hand, gently stroke it (they are so soft) with the other until it comes around and is able to fly off. Luckily she has grown out of hunting as she has gotten older and we rarely get anything brought home these days.

Soldato
:D At our other house a cat we had also bought in a Stoat -little tiny brown and white thing - it stunk the dining room out -How Tiggy caught it I don't know as she was getting on with few teeth - I always said it ran into her mouth.
Took me nearly and hour to net it and take it down the garden. It chewed up thin bamboo sticks like they were made of paper. (I was trying to guide it into net)

When we moved I found half a rabbit at back of junk under the stairs. Pretty much dried out. :rolleyes:

Associate
When Abby was in her hunting prime we used to get anything from 1-6 "presents" a day. Our house backs onto fields so there is plenty of wildlife around here. She has brought home Fieldmice, Housemice, Shrews, Voles, various birds, a Mole, Rabbits, A Stoat (vicious evil little git that I thought was dead but promptly latched onto my finger while spraying everything in range) and a bat. How the hell she caught a bat is beyond reasoning. She even had a go at a Pheasant although that turned out to be too big for her and escaped. Not all of these have been dead either and seeing as she dumps her "presents" on the front doormat in the hallway has turned into some worthy Benny Hill style chases around the house. Anything that doesn't fly can easily be kept in the hallway if I am quick enough to shut all the doors and eventually I can catch them and release them back into the field but birds are a completely different problem. The number of times I have chased a bird around the house followed by a pair of manic cats is just crazy. Usually I can open a window and the bird will eventually fly out but sometimes they fly into something and stun themselves. When this happens I pick the bird up, go into the back garden and while holding it carefully in one hand, gently stroke it (they are so soft) with the other until it comes around and is able to fly off. Luckily she has grown out of hunting as she has gotten older and we rarely get anything brought home these days.

Yeah we've had a few live mice too, he just loses interest and leaves us to deal with the poor little meeses... no birds yet but after the squirrel incident we're half-expecting him to bag an eagle.

edit: Lol at the half-rabbit.

Caporegime
Finally got to see my mum after ~15 months :) but it also meant I could see my Winston. He's always seemed younger than he is but very apparent he's getting on now (just about to turn 16) and he's on some thyroid medication (which he fortunately doesn't make a fuss about). Still just as lovely though.

Man of Honour
How is it possible to love two bundles of fluff so much. Coco, the shorthair pretty much always sits on my lap when I’m on my gaming chair now. Mitsy, the rag doll seems to have taken a liking to the tennis.

Man of Honour
Love the top picture.

Thanks. She’s a bit big for the condo, although she can fit when she chooses to - there are bigger lower platforms! Ragdolls are such interesting cats, she’s so different to the shorthair. She’ll cry the house down and paw the door if we shut a door between her and us, and yet more often than not when in the room with us she likes to be looked at from about 2ft minimum distance and walks away if you go to fuss her. Yet being a ragdoll you can also nurse her like a baby :D. She’s a great example of selective breeding.

This is one of my favourites (on the old condo):

:D

@Phemo love the forest cat

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks. She’s a bit big for the condo, although she can fit when she chooses to - there are bigger lower platforms! Ragdolls are such interesting cats, she’s so different to the shorthair. She’ll cry the house down and paw the door if we shut a door between her and us, and yet more often than not when in the room with us she likes to be looked at from about 2ft minimum distance and walks away if you go to fuss her. Yet being a ragdoll you can also nurse her like a baby :D. She’s a great example of selective breeding.

This is one of my favourites (on the old condo):

:D
I don't currently have a cat having lost my last to cancer a year ago but that does not mean I am without cat friends as I bribe the local cats with a planter of fresh catnip. This fellow sitting on the planter was/is a bit of a challenge, he has had a rough life and he prefers his own company and is very much an out door cat. His owners do not seem to care much. When I first met him he had taken a liking to my late cat Millie but he was unapproachable, not for the touching whatsoever. But slowly I have won him over so much so he will come in to my flat via the cat flap for a bit of a stroke and a nap but he will still lash out if it takes his fancy.
The other image is of a young cat who rather than helping himself to the catnip will wait on me coming down and cutting a bit off for him.

Back
Top Bottom