Man of Honour
Got around to taking a few more pics :p

side_zpsd539134d.jpg

front_zps3d02a7c6.jpg

rear_zps26583a9b.jpg

interior_zps2768e4ac.jpg

Man of Honour
It's nice and everything but it doesn't have that specialmess the E39 does :(

Do you not find that? Even though there are millions of E39s out there on the road when you see one in nice condition you look twice and go "yes, that's cool" - Would you do the same with an F10?

!

Man of Honour
How far forward is that driver's seat?! :p

It's so adjustable, tilted nicely too. I love the driving position.

It's nice and everything but it doesn't have that specialmess the E39 does :(

It doesn't - nothing does. The E39 is epic, IMHO BMW's finest non-M-power hour. As soon as I realised nothing could ever properly replace an E39 and be better in every possible way, the idea of getting something else became much easier :p

There are quite a lot of things that are nicer than the E39 though, not because the E39 wasn't great but simply by virtue of the fact the E39 came out 15 years before the F10. I love the infotainment system and how totally integrated the cars functions are. It feels far more modern inside, I guess because it is.

Do you not find that? Even though there are millions of E39s out there on the road when you see one in nice condition you look twice and go "yes, that's cool" - Would you do the same with an F10?

I do find that - yes - though its probably because the E39 Sport was never particularly common even when new. They didn't do a 520d Sport, they were all 6 cylinder, and they didn't sell in enormous numbers. Whereas the F10 is very popular.

There will always be a place for an E39 with me :p I'm very glad it's worthless so keeping it isn't an extravagance :p

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;26392166 said:
It's so adjustable, tilted nicely too. I love the driving position.

What I meant was that it looks so far forward that I wouldn't be able to even sit down!

I think you missed my question in the BMW thread - I was wondering what you think you'll end up using the E39 for, versus the F10 - when you're likely to pick the keys up for either, etc. I'm not surprised you're keeping it though if you've got room for it. :)

P.s. The wheels look great in those photos and I don't think you should change them.

Man of Honour
I think you missed my question in the BMW thread - I was wondering what you think you'll end up using the E39 for, versus the F10 - when you're likely to pick the keys up for either, etc. I'm not surprised you're keeping it though if you've got room for it. :)

Nothing specific, just enough to keep it nice without it costing a fortune. It's a pointless waste of money to properly run two cars, but the E39 shouldn't cost anything really to use once every so often. It is a completely pointless 2 car collection that serves zero practical purpose and makes absolutely no sense. If only I'd invested the last 8 years in a 330Ci Cab or an M5 instead, ah well :p

Soldato
The best thing that ever happened to BMW was Chris Bangle's departure.

Those wheels are growing on me, albeit slowly :) I've never seen that view on my CIC Pro Nav. Must try harder.

Associate
I thought I would join the party and post some of my cars below....

Firstly, my P&J.....

Rear-1-1.jpg

BirdsEye.jpg

Porsche 996 Turbo that I have owned for 4 years

This is what it replaced...

M3-rear.jpg

BMW E46 M3 SMG Cabrio

and a little before that was this beauty

Front-Side.jpg

Focus RS - still miss it

Back
Top Bottom