Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Doesn't matter. Still looks awesome in motion. How'd your door repair go? Did you get a new door or just window and trim?

Thanks :D Got a replacement window, seal and trim from a breakers - cost me £80. The breakers yard owner was a complete *****: one of the rudest, most ignorant people I've ever encountered and I hated having to give him my money, but at over £350 less than Jaguar wanted for the parts I couldn't really say no. A local bodyshop fitted them for £120, so the entire thing cost me £200 plus the cost of replacing the sat nav (currently using a combination of my phone and the built in one, which is a bit awkward).

Next step is trying to find a solution for a nav that suits my work and isn't likely to get nicked from the car. A friend of mine who I'm going to Le Mans with has got a Brodit mount installed for his nav so I'll have a play around with that when I'm there and see what I think. I'm incredibly picky about these things, but it's probably the most important tool for my work so I have to get it right. My old system was brilliant, but very susceptible to getting nicked, and I managed to get £200 off retail, which I doubt I'll be able to do again. :(

Soldato
I'll have to check with my mate, just can't remember which one he said it was and the best I'm certain on is it's a 3-door. And blue. :rolleyes:

2 door you mean? I thought the rb5's were all 4 door (and grey) but I'm far from well versed in Scoobies.

Only others I can think of are the p1 and type r as above, unless it really was a 22b, which would be all kinds of awesome. You can't really miss them though, massive flared arches on them, plus the wing and wheels obviously

Last edited:
Soldato
picked this up last week.

Never owned such a motor

Hi all,

My first every Audi here. I have owned a host of cars in the past Supercharged m3, bmw 335d general company cars and track cars alike.

I have never spent so much on a car in the past but I have also never had such a car. I do not know where a v8 has been in my life tbh. I just adore it.

So I bought it of a forum member who loved the car as much as I do.

non res miltek
de carbon
stage one by amd
lepson rims
decent service history with clutch change etc
KW springs with height adjustment

Apparently kicking out 420 odd bhp.

I booked it in with MRC on my second day of ownership after reading a thread on here, stage 2 and pre cat removal plus cold start delete etc coming up.

IMG_6769 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6771 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6772 - Copy by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6773 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6776 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6777 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6778 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6780 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6781 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6782 by regy53, on Flickr
IMG_6783 by regy53, on Flickr

Soldato
Looks nice and tidy, just don't drive it like your usual astra driver :p

I don't believe I ever will....you still got the Imola E46?

Here's how it turned out after SRP and wax.

temporary_zps75a23236.jpg

temporary_zps7336424f.jpg

temporary_zps53bee742.jpg

Soldato
Just the hatch really, much better for the crazy dog - became apparent really quickly that he was going to destroy the leather.

Plus I'm not exactly opposed to a change every year or so and I've always liked the Civic

Soldato
Tried, didn't want an auto which narrowed the selection down a lot, didn't wan't to be re-doing the work I'd done to the coupe on another car which seemed to obliterate the remaining options. I always thought the tourings would have been owned by a more careful type of owner...apparently not when they get to this age.

E91's were stupid money (imo) and there still wasn't much in the way of selection with manual and good spec. E60 didn't interest me, neither did the e39 touring ( which would have been hard to find anyway)

Came quite close to buying an edition 30, really wanted to like an impteza wrx-s, briefly flirted with a 130 before discovering it had a dodgy past then after looking at lots of hatches and smallish estates gave up, decided to keep some money and bought the Civic.

I really like it, great for throwing around back roads here, fine for Monday to Friday motorway and perfect for mutley now the back is waterproofed.

Back
Top Bottom