Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Regy53 - Lovely looking RS4, be prepared for it to need a Carbon Clean whilst at MRC for it to make it's 420+hp figure unless it's recently had one done. 90% of the B6/7 RS4's MRC dyno are around 350-380hp with carbon build-up and/or sticky flaps :)D) in the Intake.

Caporegime
picked this up last week.

Never owned such a motor

Hi all,

My first every Audi here. I have owned a host of cars in the past Supercharged m3, bmw 335d general company cars and track cars alike.

I have never spent so much on a car in the past but I have also never had such a car. I do not know where a v8 has been in my life tbh. I just adore it.

So I bought it of a forum member who loved the car as much as I do.

non res miltek
de carbon
stage one by amd
lepson rims
decent service history with clutch change etc
KW springs with height adjustment

Apparently kicking out 420 odd bhp.

I booked it in with MRC on my second day of ownership after reading a thread on here, stage 2 and pre cat removal plus cold start delete etc coming up.

Awesome, I had the pleasure of driving one once, the quickest thing I've ever driven. Wasn't overly comfortable in the bucket seats though but they were set for the previous owner who was a midget.

Soldato
Regy53 - Lovely looking RS4, be prepared for it to need a Carbon Clean whilst at MRC for it to make it's 420+hp figure unless it's recently had one done. 90% of the B6/7 RS4's MRC dyno are around 350-380hp with carbon build-up and/or sticky flaps :)D) in the Intake.

cheers guys

Yeah it had a carbon clean in December it had dropped to something like 360bhp

after the carbon clean done by AMD and a stage one its now apparently 425 but not entirely sure, plus I seem to be down about 100nm of torque compared to a stage 2 MRC map with precat removal so I am on an adventure to find the torque as its a little lacking imo.

I have never owned a car that gets so much attention. People literally stop in their tracks to look, talk to you about, thumbs up and all that.

Soldato
yep Leighton Buzzard, where abouts are you?

A carbon clean from what I know is a build of of carbon in the intake? or exhaust valves. Basically the engine cannot breath correctly due to all the carbon.

Happens to a few cars, the RS4's suffer. Apparently as they are driven around town etc so it doesn't burn it off.

A redline a day keeps the carbon away.

Associate
Ah cool, thought it was judging by the houses. I'm right in the brand new bit and mine is a 59 plate, facelift :)

I think i've seen your discovery now you've mentioned it

Associate
Very nice RS4, having to settle for an S3 here.
3brk.jpg

h4ya.jpg

rzw4.jpg

3vg6.jpg

Soldato
ToQ01u9.jpg

This is my new ride (which hasn't been cleaned in a couple of weeks!). Lovely car. Xenons, sun roof, Harmon Kardon, electric memory seats, Eibach Pro Street S coilovers, track geometry setup, Pagid RS-29 brake pads and Simota Carbon Fibre induction kit. Paid £3500 and the guy spent £2600 on it 3000 miles prior to selling it!

It feels incredible to drive in the corners and sounds fantastic. I'm still staggered about how much grip is available and haven't even got close to the limits yet. My plan is to track it as many times as possible this summer to get the best from it. Still feel a bit frustrated by the lack of power after the 335i, but i'm sure it's something i'll get used to, and it was always meant to be a nice stop gap car until my finances recover enough to buy something with 3xxbhp again.

Another frustration is the lack of connectivity (bluetooth and iPod/MP3). Took it for granted so much in the E92, and only really noticed how nice it was to have everything built in and working perfectly. However, I have to keep reminding myself, that it's a £3500 car and the amount of awesomeness it delivers for such a relatively small amount of money is staggering.

And one thing i have noticed on switching back to an E46 from an E92 is how many little things they added into the E92 that just made it a nicer place to be. Now this is not to say in any way that the E46 isn't a nice place to be, but the E92 really did correct loads of things that the E46 suffered with. Ones that come to mind instantly - power steering that doesn't whine, air con which doesn't whir, a rear deck that doesn't turn purple due to sunlight, tail lights that don't leak, bumpers that don't droop, lower front grille that doesn't go grey etc etc. These are obviously minor things and don't really bother me at all, but people that say the E92 isn't as well built haven't been in an E46 for a while. In fairness, i think BMW got round to fixing most of these problems with the facelift but you need a 53 onwards for that, so it means there was 4 years of production where these problems existed in almost all E46 coupes/saloons made!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom