Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Auxiliary belt replaced today, a surprisingly easy job in honesty once I'd got into it. Just requires the driver side wheel and liner to be removed and then easy access.

Good to know its so easy should I need to do it again

Soldato
Haha @ "Blue" comments

Its Tanzanite blue from the individual paint job options that BMW do, along the invidual opal white leather interior :)

Love it, certainly beats the white, grey, and silver cars I've owned in the past. :)

10/10 for exterior and interior colour schemes, 9/10 for engine choice, 1/10 for choosing the hairdresser version. :p

Soldato
Quality machines those Range Rovers, built really well ;)

JP crappy land rover and tiny garden must be very poor :)

Well it is a Range Rover, isn't that sort of stuff just to be expected?

Very nice that f33. Just need some sun now :cool:

JP, enjoy getting to know the local dealer team :p

Do you still have the R35?

Think he traded that for an R8 V10 didn't he?

lol :D

I live in the muddy countryside of Norfolk, I'll post a picture of it after it has been properly used!

Not really expected after the last 14 plate one was great with zero issues over 3 years, at least this is mainly software updates on new tech apparently, the paint just needs buffing in a couple spots which is being sorted but not a big concern once covered in muck anyway.
The LWB Autobiography seats are a revolution in comfort, so glad you can spec them on the Vogue SE now.

Correct, the R35 went ~3 years ago now and had the Red R8 V10 manual since.

OcUK Staff
Quality machines those Range Rovers, built really well ;)

Witness one blow up in style this morning on my way to work, just plumes of thick white smoke, like dense fog, could see nothing and it stank of oil, clearly either a big oil leak or engine failure, it literally went up like an F1 car when the engine lets go, was no flames though and the guy just carried on driving which I found bizzarre as the amount of smoke was unreal, must have being in the cabin too.

OcUK Staff
I was following a M6 Grand Coupe up the M6 on Friday and though it looks striking I could not help thinking what's the point. Sure is very rapid, but it's too stiff, can't put the power down in bad conditions, be their road or weather and isn't that special to sit in or drive and costs as much (not that they ever sell them are the list price) more than a 3rd world country based on BMW's ludicrous made up price model.

Is that not now pretty much the whole BMW range? :D
The fast cars seem way over damped, equipped with Pzero and can't put power down for trying and they sound a bit woooshy wasssshy.

There mid-range 5 series stuff, particular new 5 series if anything is better, you can use the power and they ride better.

If that new Alfa was guaranteed to hold its value I reckon I'd be buying one straight away, such a lovely machine and it can put its power down, rides so well and looks like it handles just as well on track and a lot better on the road, sounds nicer too. But 60-70k, in 2yr time would it be worth 60k+ or a 30k car nobody wants.....

Soldato
Witness one blow up in style this morning on my way to work, just plumes of thick white smoke, like dense fog, could see nothing and it stank of oil, clearly either a big oil leak or engine failure, it literally went up like an F1 car when the engine lets go, was no flames though and the guy just carried on driving which I found bizzarre as the amount of smoke was unreal, must have being in the cabin too.

Damn! Was it a new 17 plate? They told me there are issues but mainly software, seems quality control has dropped considerably!

OcUK Staff
Damn! Was it a new 17 plate? They told me there are issues but mainly software, seems quality control has dropped considerably!

No idea, literally could not see a thing, it was actually a real danger on the road as visibility was so poor, I've never seen a car go up in so much smoke like that.

Soldato
Is that not now pretty much the whole BMW range? :D
The fast cars seem way over damped, equipped with Pzero and can't put power down for trying and they sound a bit woooshy wasssshy.

There mid-range 5 series stuff, particular new 5 series if anything is better, you can use the power and they ride better.

If that new Alfa was guaranteed to hold its value I reckon I'd be buying one straight away, such a lovely machine and it can put its power down, rides so well and looks like it handles just as well on track and a lot better on the road, sounds nicer too. But 60-70k, in 2yr time would it be worth 60k+ or a 30k car nobody wants.....

I wouldn't agree with that, have you seen the 'ring hotlap video of it? Thing is the most skittish thing I've seen go round by a country mile, not nearly as sorted as an M3. The TG fast lap was a fair wrestling matych for the driver too.

Back
Top Bottom