Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
TeKV7Uj.jpg

Bought this about a month ago as a temporary hack, 2500 miles later and half a house contents moved in it the initial idea was to move it on and get something else, I can now see me keeping it at least for the coming winter.
Not (yet) missed a beat, very good on fuel given its size, a hoot in a straight line, handles like an ocean liner in the bends. Feels more like sitting on a sofa than in a car. I'm now pondering getting the wheels recoated as that's pretty much the only blemish on it.

Feels like it'll last another 15 years never mind the winter! So far, really really impressed.
2005 Volvo V70 D5. (Apologies for crap potato pic.)

Nice. I just sold my 2001 Volvo S40 yesterday, and to be honest, I didn't really want to. But my drive was getting a bit too full. I really liked that car, despite it being absolutely nothing special. Just a 2.0 Petrol engine and an auto box. It was bought on a whim as I needed something for the wife to drive when both our regular cars were in the garage getting fixed and I was due to go offshore (actually one was getting fixed, the other the engine just let go). Bought the S40, and that was that.

Caporegime
Sorry, "hit me up" :p
Ah, gotcha.

I specifically went for a manual as I’ve read the autos on these can be a weak point although whilst looking I found an auto with 308k on it and another with a mere 430k so they don’t seem that weak!

This one had a mere 167k when I got it, one of the lower mileage ones I saw, most are way north of 200k.

Caporegime
Stick on numberplate is the second best option to having no numberplate at all. :p

The Jimmy Hill chin spoiler I agree, Grudas has lost his mind. But its fine, we live in stressful times. :D

Back
Top Bottom