Show Us Your Motors!

Associate
Lol. There's another gent who has one which constantly seems to be broken but he insists it's the most reliable car ever!

It's not broken! The K04 is just a bit smokey! ... *Fixed*
It's not broken! The VVT needs need replacing, it's a counter-measure... *Fixed*
It's not broken! It's a common issue where the rear knocks and nobody can tell you why.
I said it's not broken! I just wanted to make a swiming pool where my Sub is in the boot.

:D

Associate
Remapped 335d? If so then it's the quickest car on the forums by some margin :p

Ecotune Stage 1 -So around 350 maybe. Have all the paperwork for work done to it but no Dyno sheet, so can't verify. I did get tagged in this the other day which made me laugh!

121834666_2707950226123758_2155422251459341318_n.png

Associate
next Dyno Day K-Mag ? :D
There's a couple of places right next to me / right next to my work I can just drop it off at one day. haha. Whenever I figure I have a spare 40 quid to just find out what Power I have I'll do it. xD

Haven't been to a Proper Dyno day since I owned my Legacy RSK B4 :(

Caporegime
Would love to see what my 440i is making, I’m pretty sure it makes more than book figures (which seems a common thing for B58 engined cars) by the way it pulls compared to my supposedly similarly powered S3.

Associate
Would love to see what my 440i is making, I’m pretty sure it makes more than book figures (which seems a common thing for B58 engined cars) by the way it pulls compared to my supposedly similarly powered S3.

Yea pretty damn common that the B58's pull good figures. If I had the funds for a new, decent car I'd certainly be looking at the Supras. Not to everybodies liking but I love 'em.

Alas, House, Mortgage, 2 kids and a wife that's on a 'Meh' wages means I'm sat paying off loans for a while before any fun comes along.

Caporegime
Edit:

Our development Supra makes right around 340hp on our Dyno where our 235i and M4 will both make right around BMWs claimed stock numbers
So the only B58 in the list makes book (or slightly over book, stock for the supra is 335bhp/340ps) figures. In what way then are they “Inflated”? (235i is an N55, M4 is S55, both previous generation engines).

Even the BMW M Performance Power Kit (MPPK) remap gets a respectable uplift over stock figures, a decent tuner seem to be able to get 420-440 out of a simple remap (pre GPF cars).

Man of Honour
So the only B58 in the list makes book (or slightly over book, stock for the supra is 335bhp/340ps) figures. In what way then are they “Inflated”? (235i is an N55, M4 is S55, both previous generation engines).

Even the BMW M Performance Power Kit (MPPK) remap gets a respectable uplift over stock figures, a decent tuner seem to be able to get 420-440 out of a simple remap (pre GPF cars).

The N55 & S55 were thrown in for comparisons on expectations for a stock B58. Some people are claiming they're making 40-50hp more than BMW claim.

420-440hp is right what I'd expect from a non-OPF tuned car

Caporegime
The N55 & S55 were thrown in for comparisons on expectations for a stock B58. Some people are claiming they're making 40-50hp more than BMW claim.

Oh yes I’ve seen the people who think they are making quoted flywheel figures at the wheels, but on average even on notably “stingy” dynos I’ve seen plenty of pulls around 10-15bhp higher than stock.

Man of Honour
Oh yes I’ve seen the people who think they are making quoted flywheel figures at the wheels, but on average even on notably “stingy” dynos I’ve seen plenty of pulls around 10-15bhp higher than stock.

Apparently I'm terrible at using words tonight, but we are on the same page.

I'm excited to see what the X3M and the S58 are capable of

Soldato
Cheers :)

Me when I see your car, then realise you've gone back to the old front bumper...

M6Sb2y6.jpg.png

:D

Haha! Yes I decided that I can't really pull off that ClubRacer front without a big wing and other aggressive aero! I do like how it looks now! Will get the front bumper resprayed during winter just to get rid of the stone chips etc and that should be all for now.

Stunning mate, not driven the S2000 for months now, got the battery charger you recommended which has put life back into the car, so thanks for that. :)

Thank you! I take mine out when I can, but it has to be dry! Don't want any salt or other carp sticking to the car.

No problems :) mine sits on it at all time as it's often parked up for 2-3 weeks.

Soldato
Surely every time you see it sitting there you must feel immediately compelled to arrange storage? Why would you want that thing there a day longer than it needed to be?! It takes up half your drive and is an eyesore :p

Issue is with all the boom of people buying storage is either full or people have inflated the price to rediculous monies.

On a waiting list and should have space after our trip away next week.

Soldato
Highlights of 2020 in order of importance:

1. That hot blonde pic above!
2. Grudas removing the 'Jimmy Hill' Snowplough and restoring perfection.
3. Still being alive.

Back
Top Bottom