Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Why are you slowly downgrading though? :(

GTV V6 Autodelta > MX5 NC Sport > Mini...

At this rate your next car WILL be a Picanto. :p
I'm sorry but I just can't take car advise from you :D

They've also become more reliable, more modern and became nicer places to be on a commute.

I'm sure that one day you might understand ;)

Caporegime
I'm sorry but I just can't take car advise from you :D

They've also become more reliable, more modern and became nicer places to be on a commute.

I'm sure that one day you might understand ;)

Advice* ;)

I think I have more of a passion for it than you do. Unfortunately when faced with having a lower budget and/or being cheap, that has ended up with me having less than stellar examples of cars on a few occasions. But I have had some great ones too, and have a lot of fun in all of them! :D

I totally understand the appeal of a nice solid reliable car, I get that feeling whenever I borrow my friends A4 S-Line. But then I thrash one of my ****boxes down a local B-road as if its a touge, with a huge smile on my face, and remember why I do what I do. :p

I was seriously considering buying a specced up 2015 Mazda6 recently, for a bit of modern comfort and reliability, but then I saw a 1986 BMW 528i for the same price and saw that decent late 90's LS400's were half that price, and I just couldn't bring myself to do it...

Caporegime
There's buying something boring and then there's that :p

Difference is, it would be a runabout. I would still have the second car for funsies.

I think three cars will be the magic number for me.

I need a modern daily driver, a classic project, and a ****box that I chop and change for something else every couple of months. If I have a proper unit I'd probably have an NA/NB MX5 sitting there at all times as well.

At the moment I can only pick two, and its too hard to give up the ****boxes!

Soldato
Its for sale, buy it! :D
I would if I didn't pass on a million chasers when they were 10k lol :D 18k is a hard pill! Not your fault obviously it's the market and I'd be selling it for that too but it's a bit of a shocker how quickly they went from 8-10k to 16k+

I blame adamc and adamlz ! Just Adams in general.

Soldato
Difference is, it would be a runabout. I would still have the second car for funsies.

I think three cars will be the magic number for me.

I need a modern daily driver, a classic project, and a ****box that I chop and change for something else every couple of months. If I have a proper unit I'd probably have an NA/NB MX5 sitting there at all times as well.

At the moment I can only pick two, and its too hard to give up the ****boxes!
Different strokes for different folks I guess!

If you keep this level of madness up once you've moved out I'll be very impressed.

Hope that journey is going well btw!

Caporegime
Different strokes for different folks I guess!

If you keep this level of madness up once you've moved out I'll be very impressed.

Hope that journey is going well btw!

Its not. On account of losing my job at the start of this pandemic, and then yknow... This pandemic. But thanks. :p

i'm still car shopping despite having been unemployed for a few months... I have a problem.

Soldato
Its not. On account of losing my job at the start of this pandemic, and then yknow... This pandemic. But thanks. :p

i'm still car shopping despite having been unemployed for a few months... I have a problem.
Oh balls, sorry to hear that :(

Whilst I still have my job, my office did half burn down last week so I've been all over the place too :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Talk to meh. Not for me, I already have a money pit. I know someone that might be interested

If it sells thanks to you forwarding the ad to someone, I will buy you a pint. :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174495535769/

I would if I didn't pass on a million chasers when they were 10k lol :D 18k is a hard pill! Not your fault obviously it's the market and I'd be selling it for that too but it's a bit of a shocker how quickly they went from 8-10k to 16k+

I blame adamc and adamlz ! Just Adams in general.

Just looking at S2K's, would you pay the current market value for one? I'm guessing you bought yours, before they went up? I pulled the trigger on my Chaser just before the spike, it was when clean examples were starting to hit record end prices, it was now or never type of situation. If this continues, the Chaser will most likely be my last Jap car... I think my price is more than reasonable, it took me a year to find a Chaser in this condition and spec. I had a few offers of 15-16k, but I'm not in a rush and to be honest I don't really want to sell it. But, I literally run out of things to do on it! Lockdown with cut down hours gave me too much free time, most of that time I spent waiting for parts. The only thing left to do now, is to slap a big brake kit and go down the standalone ecu/hybrid or top mount turbo route. :p

Its up on Bay too now. :)

Soldato
If it sells thanks to you forwarding the ad to someone, I will buy you a pint. :D

Just looking at S2K's, would you pay the current market value for one? I'm guessing you bought yours, before they went up? I pulled the trigger on my Chaser just before the spike, it was when clean examples were starting to hit record end prices, it was now or never type of situation. If this continues, the Chaser will most likely be my last Jap car... I think my price is more than reasonable, it took me a year to find a Chaser in this condition and spec. I had a few offers of 15-16k, but I'm not in a rush and to be honest I don't really want to sell it. But, I literally run out of things to do on it! Lockdown with cut down hours gave me too much free time, most of that time I spent waiting for parts. The only thing left to do now, is to slap a big brake kit and go down the standalone ecu/hybrid or top mount turbo route. :p

Its up on Bay too now. :)

My s2000 is a weird example, I bought it and paid a premium for low mileage and condition (14500 it was at 27k miles)

It was again very much a now or never thing with it, I'm glad I got it and I'm glad I get to experience it but they're going up in value so much that you'll be at the same spot where you really need to want one to buy one, guess that's a thing with classic/tuner cars.

I don't think your chaser is overpriced at all! It's similar value to my s2k. They're getting hard to find and in Japan seem to be hitting 20k+ before fees!

It's good for current owners but I agree older Jap cars are getting hard to justify. My crown doubled in price in a year!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My s2000 is a weird example, I bought it and paid a premium for low mileage and condition (14500 it was at 27k miles)

It was again very much a now or never thing with it, I'm glad I got it and I'm glad I get to experience it but they're going up in value so much that you'll be at the same spot where you really need to want one to buy one, guess that's a thing with classic/tuner cars.

I don't think your chaser is overpriced at all! It's similar value to my s2k. They're getting hard to find and in Japan seem to be hitting 20k+ before fees!

It's good for current owners but I agree older Jap cars are getting hard to justify. My crown doubled in price in a year!
People still think, they can get a clean S2 Aero Chaser for 10k though. I can easily tell by some comments, I have seen under my Ad. :p

The real question is, when will the bubble burst? You can get some seriously nice cars that come from factory with all the bits, you would normally do the tuner car.

I suppose its the demand that is dictating the market...

Edit:

image.png

Back
Top Bottom