Show Us Your Motors!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I just want to highlight, its not me driving. :p

A bit of a shame I missed that bit, but arrived a bit late due to road closures and traffic...

Associate
Leased for years, picking up cheap deals here and there. Finally decided to become a car owner again, picked it up this morning.

Wanted one of these for a long time. 7 years ago when I was interested and test driving some, one of my staff copied me and ended up buying one. God how i hated him as I decided to plough some money into the house.

Jaguar XF R-Sport 25T 250bhp. 2018. 17k miles. Dealership threw in 2 years extended warranty for free once I said I was cash buyer and would sign straight away. Has a few options like 10" Touch Pro, Rear Camera etc. Went petrol as I did mostly short trips, with odd long run down to works HQ once a month (North West to London) but likely due to covid (and after) ill be home much more often. Last 2 years I've done 10-14k miles.

20201104-124252.jpg

Soldato
MoT this weekend, so gave the E92 a clean and wax... can't hurt the cause.

It was due in July but got extended to Jan 2021, but figured it's never been MoT'd in my ownership and I'd like to know if there's anything untoward that I should know about to get through the winter.

CzMvY8Fh.jpg

Soldato
Still a good profile 20 years on!

I had one just like this when almost new. I loved the look of it, but coming from an E36 M3 Evo I was disappointed by the performance so moved it on shortly after. An expensive mistake, silly me.

^ Love the look of the E63s, but I couldn't get past the two iPads stuck on the dash. Happier with the physical dials in my 'old skool' RS6. No arguing with the performance though. Great colour too btw.

Caporegime
I dont like the interior styling at all. Thats not to say that its bad. It looks well styled. I just don't like it. It looks too cold and clinical. The "iPads" certainly don't help that.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Sod the E46, have some modern BMW!
Winter wheels on, although not sure why I bother really..
Also, need to figure out how to wash those side skirts properly. A quick Google shows I'm not alone!

bVNBVin.jpg

Jmnr5PX.jpg

Caporegime
Is it tempting you to do an engine swap?:D

No. :p

I am an M20 fanboy. I think it sounds brilliant, performs really well for the era, looks good in the engine bay with its "dead crab" intake manifold, and you can strap a turbo to them and make tonnes of power with ease.

I'm pretty sure the MCM lads are putting a turbo Honda engine in their E30. Supposedly because their M20B25 is knocking, but I suspect its fine and they used it as a little white lie so people wouldn't lambast them for taking out the M20. :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I have. :D

Hopefully it will drive E30 values up a bit, but not parts prices. :p
There's usually a delay between Car prices going up and parts prices, although saying that... Its a BMW, so there'll always be car parts around for them. lol

I could get most bits from local part shops, maybe not genuine BMW parts. But who cares when its an old skid car...

Associate
No. :p

I am an M20 fanboy. I think it sounds brilliant, performs really well for the era, looks good in the engine bay with its "dead crab" intake manifold, and you can strap a turbo to them and make tonnes of power with ease.

I'm pretty sure the MCM lads are putting a turbo Honda engine in their E30. Supposedly because their M20B25 is knocking, but I suspect its fine and they used it as a little white lie so people wouldn't lambast them for taking out the M20. :D
Ah that's fair. I've never really looked into them before but watching a youtube video of that M20B25 engine, you are right they do sound good, especially compared to slightly muted modern BMWs. Not sure about the Honda engine! They said it would be a bit of a sleeper but once you mod a civic they normally sound quite buzzy in my opinion. They usually try to do something a bit unusal so popping a more modern BMW engine in maybe a bit too obvious. Toyota engine to fight the Toyota powered Exige maybe?

Back
Top Bottom