Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
There's usually a delay between Car prices going up and parts prices, although saying that... Its a BMW, so there'll always be car parts around for them. lol

I could get most bits from local part shops, maybe not genuine BMW parts. But who cares when its an old skid car...

The E30 is of an age where only basic bits and bobs are available from motorfactors/eBay, and most parts are either second hand or from the dealership for £lol. But there is still pretty good parts availability from the dealership despite the prices!

For example I'm looking for a replacement rear arm (not urgently), my options are second hand for £50~ or £437+ VAT from BMW. There are no pattern parts available. So I'm just waiting for the right variety of second hand one to come up for sale. :p

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
The E30 is of an age where only basic bits and bobs are available from motorfactors/eBay, and most parts are either second hand or from the dealership for £lol. But there is still pretty good parts availability from the dealership despite the prices!

For example I'm looking for a replacement rear arm (not urgently), my options are second hand for £50~ or £437+ VAT from BMW. There are no pattern parts available. So I'm just waiting for the right variety of second hand one to come up for sale. :p
Yeah, I was looking at an E30 coupe and was thinking of slapping a M52B28 in with simple mods like M50 intake etc. But seeing the prices, rust and prices of LSD's etc. I gave up on the idea. E36 shoot up in price, but it looks like at the moment the 328's are on the rise, whilst 323 and 325's are still fairly resonable.

I'm in two minds, wait for the GT86's to drop in price or just get another E36 (323 or 325) whilst they're not silly money yet.

Caporegime
I got my LSD for £600, recently rebuilt, about 10K miles on it, good ratio, etc.

Now, a trashed one that needs a rebuild will go for that much.

M50/2 is a very popular swap. I know several people who have done it. Its fairly easy to do, and it is enough to make an E30 feel fast.

E36's are on the up as you say, I noticed recently when tidy 328i Sports were £5000 not £500 like they used to be... :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
There's a mint completely standard E36 328 Sport Coupe in Techno Violet locally, the wife of the owner said to me last time, I'm the 5th person asking if the car is for sale.

I would pay more for that example, so clean and not abused. I tried to give my number to her, but she just wouldn't take it saying her husband will never sell that car. He bought it new! That's commitment right there lol

I think at this point, if you want an E30 you'll have to take into consideration it'll be a bigger project and it'll be wiser to keep it for longer. I switch cars too often, to commit to such a big project. :p

Edit

There's a few cars on my radar, can't go to look at anything this weekend as I need to be in front of my laptop Saturday Night to Sunday Morning for work stuff. But, now the chaser is parked up I'll have to get something to get around in. :D

Caporegime
Join the rolling project life. Mine gets used all the time, but it feels less "finished" than it did when I bought it 4 years ago. It must be about 10% new metal now as well... :p

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Join the rolling project life. Mine gets used all the time, but it feels less "finished" than it did when I bought it 4 years ago. It must be about 10% new metal now as well... :p
There's the first issue, 4 year ownership sounds crazy to me. :p

The car, I had the longest was one I bought as a temporary workhorse and it worked out to be the longest car in my ownership. It was the Black Accord Sport I had, such a good car! I think, I was around 4 months off a 3 year ownership on that.

Caporegime
There's the first issue, 4 year ownership sounds crazy to me. :p

The car, I had the longest was one I bought as a temporary workhorse and it worked out to be the longest car in my ownership. It was the Black Accord Sport I had, such a good car! I think, I was around 4 months off a 3 year ownership on that.

No other car has lasted this long with me, the others are lucky to make it to a year. Usually 6 months is all they can hope for! But while the others came and went, this one stuck around. :)

Soldato
No other car has lasted this long with me, the others are lucky to make it to a year. Usually 6 months is all they can hope for! But while the others came and went, this one stuck around. :)
That's probably because you spent your life savings stitching it together from sheets of metal.

Soldato
I'll sell you a car if you're looking as we're having a clear out shortly.

2006 ML500 (160k) will be perfect for you for some V8 luxo-SUV action :D

Or maybe a Gen 1 Honda Insight in Silverstone Silver (63k).

How about a 2003 Boxster S in Night Blue (82k).

Soldato
:D:D:D

I go that way when browsing Autotrader with beers.

Earlier it was the 996 GT3, but seeing they have jumped nigh on 10k since Covid started I then moved up to the 997 GT3...... Obviously.

Sanity then hit and did research for bits needed to get my DC2 sorted this winter ;)

Associate
What waiting months for a graphics card resulted in.
nSsjcZC

What you think? :)

zBgOsEG.jpeg

Edit: fixed, thanks

OcUK Staff
Lovely weather today so took Ferrari for a blast and then put it in it’s new home, Honda is gonna have to rough it outside as having a garage built on the side and a workshop on the back of the garages which hopefully be done before Christmas. Am also white walling the double garage to make it look like a show room but had to sort the house first before garage.

63B9D0E2-7874-45DC-BDF2-4432C7643F57.jpeg 207E7277-BB3E-438A-BA04-7520EEFD657C.jpeg 16BC9E3C-FDA5-40B0-9269-601A3C43F033.jpeg

Getting there but can’t wait for it to be finished. :)

Back
Top Bottom