Show Us Your Motors!

Caporegime
Replaced the Wife’s 2015 1.2tsi Skoda Yeti yesterday. Now our daughter has come home from the neonatal ward and the double buggy is in tow, the additional boot space and leg room was useful!

6988-A926-469-D-4878-AFDE-20-CE222-DF3-E5.jpg

2018 Passat GTE Advance.

OcUK Staff

Car pulls harder and smoother since I did the valve lash adjustment, even chirps tyres from a dig now.

Car is also straight and stable at 80mph plus and no longer feels floaty and handles great for what it is.

Next mod is a rear composite spring and ditch all the AC kit, should shave off close to 100kg.

Love the way it sounds and drives and glad to say after tonight’s drive and putting it back in garage car is bone dry underneath, all leaks finally fixed.

Soldato
After six years in my 2010 325d e92 coupe, I've got a new car.

My parents barely drive anymore due to covid and shielding etc, so decided to consolidate to one car, and rather than hand this back on BMW's terms, I've taken it off my dad's hands. As such, not exactly the spec I would have chosen in an open market but it worked out too good to miss!

2019 BMW 430i Gran Coupe in mineral grey, with the m sport plus and comfort packs (4 pot brakes, 19 inch alloys, Harman kardon, high beam assist, heated memory seats, comfort access, pro nav etc). 13k miles.

7nlPPLq.jpg

oITQ7m2.jpg

4WUiLtN.jpg

I was a bit dubious about the engine (4 pot, 250bhp), but it's actually quite nice to drive! The 8 speed gearbox is obviously great too. It also looks far better than I expected, the rear privacy glass really adds to the "coupe" look I think.

Also, the boot is incredibly more useful than a saloon ! Much larger aperture.

Would have much rather had a 440i though. Might upgrade in a year or two to the new shape m340i :D

Soldato
Replaced the Wife’s 2015 1.2tsi Skoda Yeti yesterday. Now our daughter has come home from the neonatal ward and the double buggy is in tow, the additional boot space and leg room was useful!

6988-A926-469-D-4878-AFDE-20-CE222-DF3-E5.jpg

2018 Passat GTE Advance.

I had a quick peek at these last night and can see some 2017/2018 can be had for between £12-£15k depending on mileage.

Having looked up a review on Practical Caravan they look a great option as a tow car. Also the fact you can actually tune the 1.4 with people getting peak power of around 250-270bhp seems a great shout!

I know early days but how are you finding it? Is this the 9.9kw or later battery?

My commute is 16miles so I could run purely on electric most weeks.

Caporegime
I had a quick peek at these last night and can see some 2017/2018 can be had for between £12-£15k depending on mileage.

Having looked up a review on Practical Caravan they look a great option as a tow car. Also the fact you can actually tune the 1.4 with people getting peak power of around 250-270bhp seems a great shout!

I know early days but how are you finding it? Is this the 9.9kw or later battery?

My commute is 16miles so I could run purely on electric most weeks.
This one is the 9.9KWh battery. So far it's been really REALLY good, I can't fault it. The level of equipment is good, the comfort is lovely (ergocomfort seats), the technology all seems to just work, and as both a child and load-lugger it's been wonderful.

We've been getting around 23~ miles to the battery with the climate control switched on, and yesterday I managed 27~ with the climate switched off (reviews and owner stories suggest around a 5-mile loss with climate turned on), I just pre-heated the car whilst it was plugged into the mains (not using an installed charger at home, just the "granny" lead, as even from flat it's a 4.5hr charge). Yesterday I drove it to work which is 16 miles away down mainly dual-carriageway, I arrived with 10~ miles of range left and plugged it into the free 7.2KW chargers we have at the office, again scheduling the car to be warm and charged for when I leave work. Drove home (in the torrential rain, so lights and wipers on fast) and got home with 6 miles of range (home is a higher elevation than work, so more uphill sections). I could happily use this daily and drive purely on electric.

Alas, this is the wife's car so I won't be doing that, but she tends to stay local (within a 10mi radius) so should be able to do most, if not all, her driving on electric as well.

To that end, I filled the tank on the day I picked it up (Sunday) and so far I've only ran the engine once, just to see what GTE mode was like (surprisingly brisk with the full 218PS from both engine and motor).

EDIT: More Pictures

passat-01.jpg

passat-02.jpg

passat-03.jpg

passat-04.jpg

passat-05.jpg

passat-06.jpg

passat-07.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
This one is the 9.9KWh battery. So far it's been really REALLY good, I can't fault it. The level of equipment is good, the comfort is lovely (ergocomfort seats), the technology all seems to just work, and as both a child and load-lugger it's been wonderful.

We've been getting around 23~ miles to the battery with the climate control switched on, and yesterday I managed 27~ with the climate switched off (reviews and owner stories suggest around a 5-mile loss with climate turned on), I just pre-heated the car whilst it was plugged into the mains (not using an installed charger at home, just the "granny" lead, as even from flat it's a 4.5hr charge). Yesterday I drove it to work which is 16 miles away down mainly dual-carriageway, I arrived with 10~ miles of range left and plugged it into the free 7.2KW chargers we have at the office, again scheduling the car to be warm and charged for when I leave work. Drove home (in the torrential rain, so lights and wipers on fast) and got home with 6 miles of range (home is a higher elevation than work, so more uphill sections). I could happily use this daily and drive purely on electric.

Alas, this is the wife's car so I won't be doing that, but she tends to stay local (within a 10mi radius) so should be able to do most, if not all, her driving on electric as well.

To that end, I filled the tank on the day I picked it up (Sunday) and so far I've only ran the engine once, just to see what GTE mode was like (surprisingly brisk with the full 218PS from both engine and motor).

EDIT: More Pictures

passat-01.jpg

passat-02.jpg

passat-03.jpg

passat-04.jpg

passat-05.jpg

passat-06.jpg

passat-07.jpg

Looks lovely and a car that I have completely overlooked.

We have an ID3 coming in July of which we will be getting a wall box fitted. I may have to do some man maths on the change of car as I am a complete electric convert it's just the caravan stoping us going fully electric on both cars.

Soldato

My parents barely drive anymore due to covid and shielding etc, so decided to consolidate to one car, and rather than hand this back on BMW's terms, I've taken it off my dad's hands. As such, not exactly the spec I would have chosen in an open market but it worked out too good to miss!

2019 BMW 430i Gran Coupe in mineral grey, with the m sport plus and comfort packs (4 pot brakes, 19 inch alloys, Harman kardon, high beam assist, heated memory seats, comfort access, pro nav etc). 13k miles.

7nlPPLq.jpg

oITQ7m2.jpg

4WUiLtN.jpg

I was a bit dubious about the engine (4 pot, 250bhp), but it's actually quite nice to drive! The 8 speed gearbox is obviously great too. It also looks far better than I expected, the rear privacy glass really adds to the "coupe" look I think.

Would have much rather had a 440i though. Might upgrade in a year or two to the new shape m340i :D

That's lovely - got me looking at moving on from my E92 to one of these.

How does it compare to the E92?

Soldato
That looks great! The 430i is quite underrated I think, sure it's not a 6 cylinder but it still goes well, is smooth and is pretty economical. Spec looks spot on to me, what would you have changed in an open market other than the engine?

Adaptive headlights, HUD, digital dash (just for aesthetics as the functionality is no better I believe), panoramic roof would have been nice to have. Maybe oyster interior instead of black.

Tbh the engine is the main thing, really been hankering for a 40i (was considering an m240i) for quite a while. You are right though, this is far from slow and it's actually very smooth, just doesn't sound as good and is not as quick :)

Re how does it compare to e92 - good question! It does feel more modern, particularly the nav etc. The e92 holds its own very well tbh, it's amazing how well that still drives. The gearbox is a step change up, but otherwise this is a logical progression from the e92 tbh.

Permabanned

7nlPPLq.jpg

oITQ7m2.jpg

4WUiLtN.jpg

lovely colour

Back
Top Bottom