Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
Can’t go wrong with a turbo diesel :D quick and economical..

I have a 2.2 Civic , around 55mpg when doing regular long journeys otherwise 50mpg. Haven't bothered with mods but a stage 1 remap wouldn't hurt (sorry clutch)

Given the choice id still return to petrol, anything that revs up to 7k or more there's just no comparison.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I don't mean to come here and post just pictures of my car but this forum helped foster my enthusiasm for them through the years so I feel like I should... finally achieved the dream.

MUrSAAy.png

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Thanks guys! It's definitely a heart over head purchase but I love it. It's a proper throw back compared to the 350Z and I'm definitely slower in anything other than a straight line at the mo, but any drive in it is constant smiles.

Very temporarily sitting next to the 350Z - it's very low!

fCah46E.png

Replacing the grille with something darker is on the list.

Soldato
One of you Trevors needs to do a good post on modern day TVR ownership - show us what we’re missing out on.

When I was looking recently, I thought most TVRs would by now be in the hands of dedicated enthusiasts, people that would have fixed all the issues and had the cars in A1 condition. What I saw was several multiple owner cars in tired/‘project’ states with money needing to be spent. Perhaps that’s just how it is with these special cars. Would be great to hear your experiences :)

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I'm going to keep a track of things - if it ends up being anything worth writing about I might throw up a thread on here / PH.

This shouldn't need any money spent - but could have some cosmetics tidied up. All the expensive bits are sorted - rebuild 10k ago, clutch 3k ago, chassis is solid, and well setup nitrons to replace the original suspension. Very much going in with my eyes open and not expecting it to be a cheap prospect!

My current list is something like this
  • Full opening bonnet conversion
  • Isolator switch for the battery as my parking doesn't have power until I move (it has a CTEK installed for when I do.)
  • Replace / spray chicken wire grille black
  • Probably some sort of detailing - it looks awesome from 6ft, but close up there's a fair bit that someone with some skills could fix up quickly.
  • Try and chase down the worst interior rattle - think it's the rear window.
  • Replace the oil cooler hoses with silicon items - rest of them are done already.
  • Deep clean of the interior and clean up bits where possible.

Back
Top Bottom