Show Us Your Motors!

Man of Honour
I dont understand, surely a 2010 Astra is the textbook generic car which is ideal for all daily tasks? I mean thats why you buy one, right?

If it was an Elise I'd totally understand but.... an Astra?!

Associate
well i was gonna use the scrappage sceame to get the astra but it wasnt 10 yrs old (02) so i just basically gave it to dad. and like i said, i only really use it for my trips.

still good for 50mpg

Soldato
You tell them phill !

Nothing wrong with looking after your motors regardless of what these posh boys think ;)

No one is telling him not to look after it, they're just wondering - if you have a Vectra for beating around in, why buy an Astra to accompany it when it is a great situation to run a more exciting interesting car and still have a workhorse to fall back on?

Associate
No one is telling him not to look after it, they're just wondering - if you have a Vectra for beating around in, why buy an Astra to accompany it when it is a great situation to run a more exciting interesting car and still have a workhorse to fall back on?

i already answered this.. i used the veccy for carrying the bikes when i go downhilling as im not putting a bike rack on the astras pearlescent paint, and i use it for my frequent trips down contry.

i use the astra for everything elce.

Man of Honour
i already answered this.. i used the veccy for carrying the bikes when i go downhilling as im not putting a bike rack on the astras pearlescent paint, and i use it for my frequent trips down contry.

i use the astra for everything elce.

Still dont really get it, surely if you have a long trip down country you'd want to do it in your nice new Astra not an old Vectra?

Do you just use the Astra for going to work or something? What a waste of a £16,000 car! Surely it isnt worht insuring and MOT'ing two cars just for when you go downhilling?

It just makes no sense.

The Astra is a normal everyday car designed for your bike rack, your trips down country and your drive to work.

Get rid of the old Vectra.

Soldato
Picked up my Focus on Monday, really chuffed with it. it's in superb condition for a car with 90k on the clock too.

As said before it's an MP3 edition so comes with the alloys, exhaust tip, spoiler (I think) and a couple of other bits as standard. Want to colour code the bumpers and handles with the rest of the car but don't know where to get it done yet, also considering a light tint around the rear windows but not sure, opinions?

Anyway, pics :)

2qa1erl.jpg

200qt15.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;18915560 said:
Still dont really get it, surely if you have a long trip down country you'd want to do it in your nice new Astra not an old Vectra?

Do you just use the Astra for going to work or something? What a waste of a £16,000 car! Surely it isnt worht insuring and MOT'ing two cars just for when you go downhilling?

It just makes no sense.

The Astra is a normal everyday car designed for your bike rack, your trips down country and your drive to work.

Get rid of the old Vectra.

This tbh, I don't get it either.

And if you do a decent job and take the proper precautions, sticking a bike rack on the back of an astra isn't gonna do any damage at all.

Back
Top Bottom