1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shower Issue

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by RockLobster, 22 Jun 2020.

1. RockLobster

Wise Guy

It seems buying a cheap exposed shower (£200) has bit me in the arse. I bought this shower from soak.com only 16 months ago for a full bathroom refit. As the old saying goes buy cheap, buy twice. The joint is corroded. See below: -

[​IMG]

This is causing this issue: -

[​IMG]

So I guess I could try and fix it. With fixing it, I assume use a sealant but I'll be on borrowed time. Any other ideas? For buying a new one I assume the two entry points at the bottom as a standard width? They are 150mm width between the two.

[​IMG]

I am limited to what I can buy because of the top pipe. This one looks like it will be fine - https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk...0-mono-shower-system-with-bath-mixer-26510000. Is Grohe a good make?

In fairness to Lloyds bank I raised a chargeback and they refunded the money straight away.Soak went bust earlier this year.

2. doopydug

Mobster

Grohe is a fantastic brand - USUALLY 150mm space between the inlet pipes but not ALWAYS

3. ANDARIAL

Soldato

As a bodge/option would a `Tee` fix it? Compression would be best
    Assuming you could get one the correct size?

4. eviled

Hitman

how does it attach to the mixer valve? If its a compression fitting you could buy a new riser rail and arm

£200 isn't cheap for a shower

5. Semple

Soldato

Yeahhh I wouldn't say £200 was cheap for a shower either. If it's not supposed to be a removable part, you could find someone to weld it.

6. ANDARIAL

Soldato

Any name on the shower?
    Might be able to get a replacement rail online