Shrapnel

Soldato
Bank takes effort.

Would you take £8 to bag up and sort £100 worth of 1, 2 and 5p coins for someone?

Someone came through the place I work the other day....

...and paid £10 in mixed coppers

Took minutes to count the stuff with the queue getting cheesed off and muttering.

That's what I call a real bonus, don't get that just anywhere you know.

Associate
My shrapnel tin is great, it's like a tiny bank in my room that is completely impervious to the credit crunch. I counted up about £50 in it recently and bought some lovely Infinity car speakers off eBay with it. God bless those poor copper outcasts!

Soldato
I use my debit card for almost everything so never have a problem with excess change. I don't understand people throwing them away, it's not something I've ever done or would do.

Soldato
I've started accumulating stacks and stacks of 1 and 2 pence coins. I don't see the point of these coins at all, all the 99pence things we buy and get 1pence change which is usually thrown on the floor or the bin. Is there actually any point to these apart from being all over? Surely rounding the price of goods to the nearest 5pence would make shops more efficient due to not having to give hundreds of people 1pence change.

When we owned a shop people like you made me laugh (well the youngsters anyway :p)

used to lob coins like 1p 2p 5p (used to see them from the outside camera) then come into the shop later and be short for a chocolate, etc and ask to be let off I used to tell them to stick it and learn the worth of money..then I used to see them looking for change people threw on the floor outside the shop :D)

Associate
When we owned a shop people like you made me laugh (well the youngsters anyway :p)

used to lob coins like 1p 2p 5p (used to see them from the outside camera) then come into the shop later and be short for a chocolate, etc and ask to be let off I used to tell them to stick it and learn the worth of money..then I used to see them looking for change people threw on the floor outside the shop :D)

Try using a ,

Read the thread. The OP doesn't throw his coins away...

Back
Top Bottom