Shure e2c - Am I the only person that doesn't rate these?

Soldato
off topic, but do the e4c owners reckon they're a huge upgrade from the e2c/e3c if you've tried them? I've currently got e3c, and i'm thinking of getting another pair so i've got a pair just for my laptop.

Unfortunately shure have just announced the e500 which look really tempting, but at $499 a bit eye watering for my wallet

Soldato
OP
Think I would go for some super.fi over any shures again, maybe some 5 EB's as they seem to be a good price on ebay (£90) and focused towards the kind of sound I prefer.

Either them or some Westone UM2's, however even though they are ment to be the best I would still be worried about spending that much without trying them first. Plus they look like they have been styled by the NHS.

Associate
Phnom_Penh said:
Theres also the Sure e5Cs to consider (I haven't been able to try them yet) and the Etymotic Er-6i's, which are excellent.

I got an excellent deal on some e5c's, second hand unused present, they are as good as they say. With the new models coming out there maybe some good deals around soon across the range.
They have excellent bass responce, and can be run at a very low volume and still hear everything perfectly. The burning in thing is true they do seem to get better the more i use them.

I've always used proper in ear, earplugs on my bike for years. The mold was taken at a bike show, which was a very odd experience having your ears filled with rubber :eek: and a couple of weeks later i got the finished plugs back, obviously being a perfect fit. These are filtered (tiny hole through the middle of them) which is supposed to help if your touring and going to different altitudes to stop your ears popping. I'm not sure if it works though.

So when i got the e5c's i was already used to inserting something into my ear quite deeply, but my daughter and Mrs hate them, but that was just the feeling of the plugs themselves. Maybe the fitting of these type of headphones are a very personal thing to enjoy, like them or hate them.

I'm now ordering an adapter for my autocom system so i can use them on the bike for my phone/stereo and sat nav, instead of my custom plugs. I already have a few mates who use shures on their bikes and all highly recommend them. They are so flat when wearing them they don't make your ears ache when you have your helmet on.

Soldato
OP
Well just to update the thread really....I couldn't live with the e2c's, I understand IEM ain't going to match proper cans, but I really did think they were poor, even after I modded them which made them about 50% better than standard.....

Anyway my super.fi 5 Pros came today, and OMG what a difference, hard hitting lows, sparkling highs, excellent soundstage, everything I wanted! Not cheap granted, but least I'm happy now :)

Associate
Just got some e2c's and I'm very impressed. They've turned the noisy mess I had with my Sony earbuds into music where you can actually distinguish different instraments. For the price i'm very happy, i'm sure more expensive ones are better but they should be. I had the cash for these, if I had more i'd have got the next ones up but you get what you can afford.

Back
Top Bottom