Shutdown as user

Epignosis

E

Epignosis

I'm having an awful lot of trouble with a computer I just installed (SuSE 8.1) its running Gnome2 and gdm2 but when ever a user brings up the logout menu the only option is "logout", on all other distro's I've saw recently "shutdown" and "reboot" are there.

Running /sbin/reboot or whatever in the terminal says u need to be root, I just cant figure out the permissions to set it to.

BTW this all happened when I switched from kdm to gdm as login manager, and when I switch back kde has the same problem.

Hope some1 can help.
Epi*

PS CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE + CTRL-ALT-DEL (or logout then shutdown) is not viable for this setup due to X errors on logout caused by faulty hardware.

Epignosis

E

Epignosis

OP
Actually google was the first thing I tried and that was the first place I went to, I didnt really want to use sudo (but I am now) I just didnt want to be defeated by the Gnome logout box :) and I'm still not giving up, I will get that box back if it kills me!

Epi*

Epignosis

E

Epignosis

OP
Let me guess, should I use fluxbox? :D Actually I quite like fluxbox, it was using it as my gnome window mangaer a few days ago, until I installed the new SuSE (a very impressive distro, I normally stick with debian) so it might be back when I get the time. I've been playing with WindowMaker after I hit it by mistake, instead of kde when I logged in.

Problem is I like Gnome too, much and I've got it very customised, to the way I like things to run, I'll post a screenie as soon as I get round to taking the laptop out of my bag.

Epi*

Back
Top Bottom