Shutdown, Sleep or On

Associate
So I have a gaming PC that I game on for around 2 hours a day, then sometimes I web brows etc... I normally just shut it down between uses but I end up turning it on and off around 5 times throughout the day. What are your opinions on this?

Associate
I generally put my PC into S3 sleep unless I'm going to be away for hours. It's quicker to start up again, and the power used is negligible (a couple of watts).

Man of Honour
I only shutdown if I'm leaving my PC for a couple of hours or more - I have it set to drop into a low power state but not sleep as desktop systems and sleep never seems to work quite right.

Permabanned
Cannot remember the last time it was off even overnight as its on 24/7 mostly idle mode but I use it thoughtful the day/night and its sending media to my TV Shield TV via Emby.

Soldato
I have it set to drop into a low power state but not sleep as desktop systems and sleep never seems to work quite right.
Similar to above and has been my forever experience with sleep - so my systems are powered on in the morning and turned off as i go to bed. Since lockdown and working from home i don't even presume to work out possible idle times that warrant a power off.

Associate
I tend to use Sleep for all downtime, I haven't had any issues with my desktop machine - it does what I ask - goes to sleep, wakes up when I press a key or the power button. I give it a restart when Windows nags me to.

I only fully shut it down when I know I'm going to be removing the power.

Back
Top Bottom