Sierra Cosworth

Soldato
I don't get it, sorry, doesn't look that special.

Can't believe that it was at 18k and still hadn't met the reserve! Even more that someone bid 18k on it!!

Ish

Ish

Associate
the owner said he will never do concours again and he decided not to sell the car in the end!!!

the power figure is what it made on a proper superflow engine dyno.

I think he ran a 13.3@ 111 mph with a dodgy gearbox and traction problems.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Ish said:
i know i'm dragging an old post back up but here is this car getting used as it should @ santa pod yesterday :D :cool:

ebay035.jpg

Now that's what I like to see :cool: :cool:

Soldato
I think he ran a 13.3@ 111 mph with a dodgy gearbox and traction problems.

LOL there is ALWAYS a catch when people talk about their 1/4 times in relation to performance cars

Makes me laugh, I cant remember the last time I saw a powerful car owner say they did X time without adding something like the clutch was slipping, it was raining, the head gasket was going or something along those lines :D

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
LOL there is ALWAYS a catch when people talk about their 1/4 times in relation to performance cars

Makes me laugh, I cant remember the last time I saw a powerful car owner say they did X time without adding something like the clutch was slipping, it was raining, the head gasket was going or something along those lines :D

Ha ha true.
Friend of mine was blaming his radiator for his lap times at Combe :p

Soldato
Zip said:
So its accually there to do somthing with the aero dynamics?
Thats ok then but they still could have tryed and made it look a little better then what it looks like :)

its there for purpose not prose ;)

Soldato
Aye, proper motorsport spoilers DO actually work and create genuine downforce. Not the ones you see on 'sports' models, they do naff all.

The one fitted to the Pulsar apparently creates a similar amount of downforce at 100mph than as if you had 2 adults sitting in the back

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Stonedofmoo said:

They were probably all Mansell fans when he was in F1.

Soldato
Von Luck said:
That's a gorgeous car - I love the whale tail cossies. White is IMO the best colour for em as well.
moonstone blue for me then please. :)
Von Luck said:
Never had a Cossie, but had an XR4i (original 3dr shell) which I loved
actually mate the XR4i used what was known internally at Ford as the "six-lite" shell, as it had two quarter lights instead of the usual one per side.
the 3 door Cosworth differs from this version is a few other ways too.
Von Luck said:
Sierras are a lovely car (I'm going to exclude Sapphires from that, cos they ming)
they are definitely more subtle and refined, but i wouldn't say the Sapphire mings.design apart. it's a better car than the 3 door in every way possible.
Von Luck said:
suddenly the oh-so-boxy Cortina had become a smooooth jelly-mould. It was a styling revolution for mainstream motoring - one of the most influential styling projects of the last 20-30 years.
....and in a heartbeat tripled Cavalier sales putting Vauxhall back in the game.
Vauxhall wouldn't be anywhere near as close a competitor to Ford if the Sierra hadn't alienated so many Cortina owners looking to change vehicles.
they simply switched brands and bought the "oh-so-boxy" Cavalier instead.
Stonedofmoo said:

you can hardly say it's an excuse in this case though.
the driver was clearly having traction problems as the pic shows him applying some corrective steering.
there's not much call for opposite lock on the drag strip my friend unless you have some traction problems.

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
ah but i'm not singleing him out, just saying in general

In his case he might want to try a little less right foot although it's possible he was simply warming up his tyres
the top gear presenters have made a big thing of this and you're right of course, certain drivers do blame things on everyone/thing but themselves.

Soldato
i think it looks minging ...

sure its a great rebuild, and its all up together, but purely for aesthetics, i think its minging. its white (a big no, no) and its a sierra, granted its a very very pokey sierra, but its still a sierra

and no flaming me please, its just my opinion

:)

Back
Top Bottom