Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 MkII EX (Canon AF)

Associate
Have any of you got any opinions on this lens? I have a canon 7D and was wondering if any of you know if this lens is any good or if any of you have it?

Thanks and look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Soldato
I've got the mkII on a 7D, I think it's a decent lens especially for the money. Fast AF, nice image quality, I was going for the Canon 70-200 mkI non IS, but tried out the Sigma and was more than happy with it. I use mine mainly for sports, not the best example below:

Associate
Theres lot's of models, non-dg's are the first (mk1 dgs are "the best", but take that with a pinch of salt). Theres a mk1 and mk2 of them. Then the dgs, I think there are non-macro dgs. They are the same as the dg.

Then the "macros" focus much closer. There is a mkII macro and mkI macro. They are newer and "some say not as good" (again internet twaddle?). Then theres the new OS which is supposed to be pretty nice too.

Anyway, I've had a Mk2 non-macro, then I went to the canon IS MkI, it was worse sharpness wise but a little faster af and weather sealed. Then back to Mk1 Siggy. Mk1 I have now is probably be the best maybe? it's too close, for me the canon was better under 135 than the siggy, but the sigma was stronger over 200. Mine get's most use at 120-160mm so it's all pretty even. I would still have the canon if it wasn't for funding issues and IMO having the sigma rather than canon hasn't caused me any loss photos so. Yeah.

Sorry, very fragmented. Bad day today. Hope it helps though,
p0ss3s3d

Back
Top Bottom