Signing in Software

Associate
Good Morning All,

My employer want to move away from paper signing in and out and away from single points of sign in. Therefore people would need some system using their laptops/desktops to sign in.
No idea if it exists but I am looking for some software which can be installed on the network that staff can access to sign in and out. Which would record this information.

In the case of fires you would then print off the list of people signed in.

Does this exist.

Many Thanks

Mark

Soldato
The whole point of a book is that an appointed person simply picks the book up as everyone files out of the building.

A digital solution would need to be linked into the fire alarm and also require an access control system of some kind, when the fire panel receives an alarm condition it would then tell the ACS to generate the list without human intervention and once again an appointed person simply picks up the printout as everyone leaves, an old school thermal roll or superfast always on laser printer would be best as you don't want to have to wait for the printer to wake up, spool up and churn out pages.
A cheap "homebrew" solution would take far to long to generate the list as an appointed person would need to stop their work, load up the solution, tell it to print, walk over to the printer, wait for it to spool up and slowly spew out pages, meanwhile everyone else has left the building.
And finally, what if the fire is in the server room or causes a power loss?

In other words, the costs and implications involved would far outweigh a signing in book and a box of biros.

Last edited:

J.B

J.B

Soldato
For keeping track of peoples start and leaving times it's not a bad idea and could probably be done with some custom logging on the AD server and some scripting to make it presentable.

However for a fire attendance record I don't this this is feasible! Do you actually need a list of people in case of fire though? I've never worked anywhere where we've had to sign in

Back
Top Bottom