Siliconslave's how to make espresso thread

Man of Honour
OP
About to open my bag this afternoon, never managed to get on with their Nicaraguan Finca La Bastilla, always a bit too dark & bitter for my tastes, the Peruvian Café Femenino was better so looking forward to trying the costa rican

Soldato
That Peruvian Femenino was really nice I thought. Of course my edgy friend thought it was sexist supporting a female only growing group :rolleyes:

I need to find some more honey washed beans as I think I'm quite a fan of them

Soldato
Why not? Is it just tight? Or does it not unscrew? If it has threads on it - man up

yesterday tried blow torch - not rosy red , but hot, and that didn't shift spout and its thread-lock, plus vice and adjustable spanner;
also failed to take the pf handle of with a deep socket. PF 2 : Human 0 .

Soldato
Origin - 20% off until end of today I think
Crankhouse
Workshop
Watchouse
Squaremile

Those are my go to options at the moment. All tend to be lighter roasts although origin do a couple of darker roasts.

Soldato
:D
Origin - 20% off until end of today I think
Crankhouse
Workshop
Watchouse
Squaremile

Those are my go to options at the moment. All tend to be lighter roasts although origin do a couple of darker roasts.

Thanks for posting.

Was just going to try Origin but the code doesn’t seem to be working unfortunately. :(

Soldato
Anyone got a recommendation for some good decaf beans? I usually shop around but had 3 bags in a row from a very local place and fancy a change. Even better if there's a discount on right now as I need some regular beans too ;)

Soldato
Soldato
Anyone got a recommendation for some good decaf beans? I usually shop around but had 3 bags in a row from a very local place and fancy a change. Even better if there's a discount on right now as I need some regular beans too ;)

Decaf is tough. I'm on the Wogan one at the moment, which is ok.

The best I've had is Swiss Water Decaf Espresso — OUTPOST COFFEE ROASTERS from Outpost...although I balk a bit at the prices from Outpost, their coffee is good.

Caporegime
Having recently got the Mara X, I can't look :o

I think the Sage DB came out well, and I was tempted to go for that one but the size of Lelit made the choice.

I came out of the video not liking any of them...

The best one is the Rancillo Silvia but its the most ugly. I would never get a Sage due to the inability to fix at home aspect. That leaves the other 3 and I would be happy to get any of them if they did 9 bars.

If i have to adjust them out of the box then i might as well just do that for my Gaggia and live happilyy ever after. I want the next machine to be a lifer so to speak...

Man of Honour
OP
its a bit of an odd one really, and not just because he called my baby ugly.

Felt a bit rushed for the subject and favouring the sage when the pressure was all over the place and criticising everything else for not having the correct pressure felt off. I know they put a load of nice touches into the range but the 'disposable' nature of it was off putting.

I do now want to put a e61 pressure gauge on my mara X but thats a waste if i don't put a flow paddle on...

Soldato
yes - that re-asserted the need to check the pressure - back to the blow-torch, for spout removal.
he wasn't aware of the mara s/w problem which impacts steam flow, where it can re-fill the boiler at inopportune moments, giving steam flow variability.
I thought mara could do a profiled pressure pre-infusion, probably better than the sage, maybe I'm confusing their hx and double boiler capabilities.
His critique of sage pressure - well, even for ~£1K not sure the budget is there for a rapid acting accurate flow valve to prevent pressure over-shoot,

I would have liked to see graphs of the pressure/temp on the machines, not sure how the scace/pf setup models the coffee starting to channel

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom