Silverstone GD05 Cooling

Associate
Hi,

I have a HTPC built in a Silverstone GD05 case and wondering if I could improve the cooling?

CPU is a 2700x with stock wraith cooler so gets hot quite fast not to mention the noise. (I have a fan curve setup)

There is 2x 120mm Akasa Viper fans as intake & 1x 120mm Akasa Viper extracting heat.

CPU cooler will be getting replaced but limited to 12cm height I think it was.

Do you think drilling a few holes in the top panel above where the CPU fan is will help?

cheers

Associate
OP
cheers will try replacing the cooler first.

Only had a quick look but possibly the be quiet shadow rock TF 2 ... if my measurements are correct it will sit approx 1cm from the top panel :(

Associate
OP
I installed a Be Quiet Shadow Rock TF2 a couple of weeks ago and tbf it's not really made much difference apart from it's much quieter. As I said above the fan does sit about 1cm off the top panel so probably not getting the best airflow but there is 2x120mm fans blowing directly into the heatsink from the side also.

Last night I noticed most of my tv had a lot of green pixelation on dark scenes, this only happens when my HTPC is on the warmer side (i.e. after running OBS) ... I've also noticed my cpu seems to be throttling itself. GPU is a 1030 with a small fan but GPU-z doesn't show high temps.

Anyway of improve the cooling?

3x fans are 120mm Akasa Viper
2x rear 80mm fans Bequiet (don't really make much of a difference)

Associate
OP
Have set the fans to run at minimum 900rpm ... fan curve is quite aggressive so max speed around 65 degrees.

2x bequiet fans run at max speed.

Will try reversing the exhaust fan.

I have a feeling all the heat is sitting around the CPU area (left side of the centre bar)

Back
Top Bottom