SilverStone Lascala C 13

Suspended
OP
Actually looking at the others now
http://www.silverstone-usa.com/products-lc20.htm

Seems a bit better, with the larger fans should be quieter (at stock/slowed down or if I replace them) there's the M version with VFD- but I rarely if ever view VFD on a CD/DVD player, unless the VFD allows non display use for music playback? What about the IR receiver? Works with the MS MCD remote? Does it come with remote transmitter, or just the VFD has a IR receiver?

Cases width are identical to my HT gear, depth and height is a bit more but currently I have two DVD players which this will replace, so total space is about the same. I guess lots of storage would be ideal since it'll be used for music library. Already have most bits so I just need case, PSU, soundcard with digital out (DD/DTS out) MS remote. Already have 106S DVD-ROM, 104 and 107 DVD-Writers so will work out which is the quietest. 20GB laptop drive for boot drive but can always fit a larger SATA 3.5" later for mass storage. So £80 for case, £40 for PSU, £20 remote, £20-£50 for souncard. :D

Associate
looks like similar dims to my LC03 so its almost the same size as your average home cinema amp. That said layout looks pretty much the same too so it can get pretty cramped inside. I did manage though to get a fullsize PCI-E card in there but left a 1mm gap between pci power connector and hard drive. :eek:

Height of hsf is restricted also by the bar running from front to back. But, one of the superflower zalman jobbys would work ideal dependant on the position of your cpu socket to the psu.

Suspended
OP
ta but setup will be a Pentium 3 933mhz, 512MB with Geforce 2...keeping it cheap until HD playback becomes a reality without a supercomputer :D

Stock AMD HSF isn't bad at 1800rpm so no problems with that sort of noise. The fan ontop of the P3 spins at 4700rpm and you can imagine the noise from that! Luckily I managed to slow that down. Geforce 2 is near silent fan, so just PSU. My Liberty seems very quiet so probably get the 400W version of that (OTT for the P3 but existing PSU fan is noisy..unless I just replace the fan in the PSU) guess could do that, a 400W might not be enough when I do decide to upgrade the P3. Although I could then use the 620W that I already have and just buy a new one for my next gaming rig. Decisions. :p

Back
Top Bottom