Silverstone TJ04 or Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS?

Associate
Looks like Lian Li might have updated the PC-7 Plus specifications to include twin 120mm fans according to the specs on their website.

Their main page also now refers to it as the "PC-7plus up-grade model." Guess there were probably some older models still in the channel to shift before the newer ones appeared, which is hopefully what's happening now.

cheers
v.f.

Associate
voodooflux said:
Nice one -can you confirm that it was the Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS Black Aluminium Midi-Tower Case (No PSU) (CA-054-LL) that you ordered?

I'm after the case with the 2 x 120mm fans (referred to as the PC-7 SE I think) but the description for the above case on overclockers only mentions an 80mm at the rear.

Was there any product code pertaining to PC-7 SE on the packaging at all?

cheers
v.f.

Definitely the one coded CA-054-LL that I order - box itself says PC-7 Plus colour black.

Nice case, good finish, no sharp edges, light but durable. No removable panel for the motherboard but unless you're changing motherboards a lot its not a big deal and theres plenty of room to work in it.

The 2 fans seem to move a good deal of air through, not silent but certainly quiet enough. If you need extra cooling theres a grill with screwholes at the top of the case for a 80mm fan, theres also a slot beside the PCI slots for fitting an optional 120mm blower fan that Lian-Li also produce (which doesn't take up a PCI slot like some blower fans if thats an issue - this one mounts onto the case - theres a small grill beside the PCI slots where the fan pulls in / blows out air)

Hard drive bay sits right behind the front fan so your hard drives should never run hot. Only holds 3 hard drives in the lower drive bay but most people don't use more than this unless its a server.

Front comes off very easily to allow you to fit drives in the external bays or clean the filter in the front fan but when on is snug and tight fitting - doesn't rattle or come off accidently. Fitting the PSU is a doddle as well. Thumbscrews to remove the sidepanels - but pretty much everything else is a normal screw - again not an issue unless you are constantly changing stuff. Plenty of spare fitting screws, a few ties etc for cable management, even a tool for fitting the motherboard posts.

Drive bays etc don't have any rubber grommets etc to reduce noise on drives - but at this price I wouldn't expect it, and I can always modify it if I want.

Lian-Li also supply a range of accessories for it - side panel with viewing pane, matching aluminium covers for both optical and floppy drives, matching LCD temp / fan sensors/controllers to fit into one of the drive bays, matching removable harddrive mounts, even a matching USB flash card reader.

If you like fancy or dramatic it probably won't appeal to you - but if like me you like something understated but with class that has a good finish then you'll probably like this case.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the mini review mate :) , i cant wait to get it, even though i wont have anything to put inside it for a while. Its going to be housing my current rig after Ive upgraded to pci express so it'll be a sort of backup PC, i already have a fancy case so this will be basic and purposeful and sit at the side of my main PC. It should match in nicely with the brushed aluminum of my eclipse and my Hiper keyboard :D .

Mark

Associate
Mark A said:
Im going to order later on today along with some other stuff so when it arrives ill comfirm weather it is the dual 120mm fan version.
Did your case arrive Mark? If so, what's the fan situation?

EDIT: mine arrived today with two 120mm fans :D

cheers
v.f.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom