Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Hope you get your rig in good time. Mate of mine has just had his TR80 shipped a couple weeks early, he ordered his start of June for late July dispatch. TR europe are really getting on top of their backlog now.

I made some adjustments to the rig for the Spa 24, decided I had no desire whatsoever to double stint in VR so adjusted a few things and just generally set things up so I was as comfortable and in control as possible. Got a dash screen running z1 dashboard (brilliant bit of software).
Mounted an old bike bottle cage to hold a can of Monster (many were consumed!!!).

853U3UWl.jpg
USeLnI7l.jpg
iGayf03l.jpg

Soldato
Ah mine was supposed to be in the July batch but TR said their supplier screwed up this order so a bunch of orders had to be bumped, or something.

How does Z1 compare to Simhub?

The bike bottle holder is a great addition!

Soldato
I've yet to try Simhub properly, I've had a little play in the past on an old tablet. I only got the screen the day before the race, Z1 just seemed to be a more polished program with greater functionality albeit lacking the customisability of simhub. As I didnt really have time to mess around, Z1 was an easy choice, glad I did though. I'll probably give Simhub another chance at some point.

Associate
I've been out of sim racing for about 8 years but I've recently got the itch again. I ordered a Trak Racer TR80 back in May, still waiting for it. I've ended up upgrading to the TR160 so hopefully I'll have it by August. My Corbeau FX1 Pro arrived a couple of weeks ago and I've been using that on some 2x4s in front my my wheel stand. It's not a comfortable driving position though as the pedals are at the complete wrong angle.

I've just finished building a custom wheel too (Audi DTM) and have a 5" display for a digital dash. The housing is on the way and I plan to add some rev/warning LEDs to that in the future too. I planned on making the Turn Racing GTE wheel but it ended up building the Audi DTM one instead as it was a lot simpler. That means I've got the bodnar board and some encoders kicking around so I'll probably build a button box once I have my rig all set up.

Now I just need to build a PC as it's a pain playing things on a bootcamped MacBook Pro :D
I'm in the same boat with a Trak Racer order! Ordered and paid at the start of May with an "End of May" delivery window... Still no rig, now expected in August...

Associate
Hi everyone - just wondered if any of you had tried (or have) the lg oled 48" 10 series tv attached toa racing rig? Im thinking of that OR the samsung g9 49... anyone on here using a ~50" tv attached to the rig? Does it strain your eyes as its really close? Ive got a trak racer tr160 on order... so trying to decide on monitor. Havent got space for triples.

Soldato
Hi everyone - just wondered if any of you had tried (or have) the lg oled 48" 10 series tv attached toa racing rig? Im thinking of that OR the samsung g9 49... anyone on here using a ~50" tv attached to the rig? Does it strain your eyes as its really close? Ive got a trak racer tr160 on order... so trying to decide on monitor. Havent got space for triples.
I’d probably go for the Samsung ultrawide rather than a big TV. That’s what most single screen setups run with. You’ll get a better FOV too.

I'm in the same boat with a Trak Racer order! Ordered and paid at the start of May with an "End of May" delivery window... Still no rig, now expected in August...
I asked them why mine was bumped back and was told that their supplier keeps sending incomplete/incorrect deliveries so they have to bump people back.

They're getting more responsive to emails now so maybe that's a sign that they're starting to clear through their backlog. I've been waiting almost 2 months now so what's another few weeks!

I've yet to try Simhub properly, I've had a little play in the past on an old tablet. I only got the screen the day before the race, Z1 just seemed to be a more polished program with greater functionality albeit lacking the customisability of simhub. As I didnt really have time to mess around, Z1 was an easy choice, glad I did though. I'll probably give Simhub another chance at some point.
Z1 looks really good. It has a lot more features than Simhub, the only downside is that you can't add custom dashboards.

I'm planning on adding a 10" display to my rig so I might grab a Z1 license to display leaderboards and telemetry

Last edited:
Associate
Final parts arrived for my Sim Labs rig came today, only took 3 months!! Keyboard tray and Button box holder.

Had to strip the rig down and move it to another location, still putting it back together. Triple monitors to refit and a bit of cable management, oh and a good hoover, these things are dust magnets!!

IMG-20200722-103254.jpg

IMG-20200722-161712.jpg

IMG-20200722-161702.jpg

Associate
HE sprints arrived two weeks ago. My simlab p1x should be arriving end of this week/early next week. Excited is an understatement. I am a VR user mainly but I purchased the integrated triple mount anyway as I think I may end up going that way. Im doing my league racing on ACC at the moment and I fancy going back to monitors so I can enjoy the graphics that ACC has to offer a bit more. My wife doesnt know it yet but my office may need to become the dinning room and the dinning room may need to become the sim room. Think its going to take up a fair bit of space if I go down the 3x32 144hz route.

Soldato
Have you tried out the sprints yet? I’m thinking of getting those next instead of the Fanatec Clubsports.

I’ve just ordered a new PC which will be here on Wednesday and my TR160 should be shipping soon, although I’m not holding my breath.

Associate
Not tried them yet. I sold my fanatec v3s to get these. The v3s were ok but they weren't the big upgrade from my t3pa pro pedals that I was looking for. The he sprints should be that big upgrade that I wanted. Will find out in the next week or so when my p1x turns up

Back
Top Bottom