SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Man of Honour
There is only one thing that must be fixed before I will part with cash for this game snd thats is I Must be able to play this game when I want to and not when the servers will let me ...... the rest of the crsp yhey can fix in follow up patches IMO ....

Then don't pay. It's a multiplayer gamer, thus needs connection. It's not a single player game with always online DRM.

There are far bigger issues than a connection.

Soldato
Something I seem to be really missing from previous Sim Cities is ordinances. These were a great additional set of tweaks to any city, that you could use to counter-act some of the negative effects of your city choices. For example, my electronics factories are creating beyond ridiculous amounts of pollution. Why not have a 'Clean Factories Act' ordinance that reduces pollution by a certain amount, that could be controlled with a slider, at varying costs?

Just some extra game mechanics of the past that seem to have been removed..

Associate
Well I'm loving it!

Don't get me wrong, It's got a long way to go and there's some serious bugs in game that need to be sorted out sooner rather than later but it's certainly playable. I've spent a bit of time online and enjoyed it but found the lack of working regional chat didn't help the experience. It's surely only going to get better. Anyone considering whether it's worth buying then I'd have to say yes, Especially with the free game deal they have at the moment.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Slightly tempted to get this still but £40 via Origin etc has put me off atm

& do have £25 left on Amazon to spend :E

Whats multiplayer like?

Last edited:

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
will my HD4850 512mb run this ?

Operating Systems:
SimCity will run on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Mac OSX will be supported come Spring 2013. To learn more about the upcoming Mac version of SimCity, please visit this article.
Internet Connection:
Players will need an Internet connection of at least 256 kbps download and 64kbps upload or faster.

CPU:
Intel players will need, minimally, a 2.0 GHz Core2Duo, while our AMD players will need at least an Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+.

RAM:
At least 2GB of RAM.

Hard Drive:
10 gigabytes of space free are required.
Optical Drive:
DVD-ROM drive required.

Video:
Players will need at least a 512 MB video card featuring either an NVidia 7800 or better, an AMD chipset of at least an ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better, or an Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better.

***NOTE: All the above-mentioned must also have a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.
It is essential to the game’s performance and stability that the latest possible drivers for your video card are installed at all times.

Associate
why is it completely impossible to join a game?

there's no filter to stop the constant streams of full regions, just spent 10 minutes of clicking load more and the odd one you find with a city unclaimed wont let ya claim it...

Soldato
Operating Systems:
SimCity will run on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Mac OSX will be supported come Spring 2013. To learn more about the upcoming Mac version of SimCity, please visit this article.
Internet Connection:
Players will need an Internet connection of at least 256 kbps download and 64kbps upload or faster.

CPU:
Intel players will need, minimally, a 2.0 GHz Core2Duo, while our AMD players will need at least an Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+.

RAM:
At least 2GB of RAM.

Hard Drive:
10 gigabytes of space free are required.
Optical Drive:
DVD-ROM drive required.

Video:
Players will need at least a 512 MB video card featuring either an NVidia 7800 or better, an AMD chipset of at least an ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better, or an Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better.

***NOTE: All the above-mentioned must also have a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.
It is essential to the game’s performance and stability that the latest possible drivers for your video card are installed at all times.

That a yes ?!

Associate
Yes I'm playing using a 5850 with 4gb of ram and q6600 and it runs fine with no slow down on max settings, may not be at 60fps all the time but no lag that I can see.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Yes I'm playing using a 5850 with 4gb of ram and q6600 and it runs fine with no slow down on max settings, may not be at 60fps all the time but no lag that I can see.

Sweet i also have q6600 /8GB /5870 :D

Shall get it on Tuesday + friends own this too £18 in the end +vouchers

Last edited:
Soldato
I hadn't had any problems with traffic until tonight. Once it goes, there doesn't seem to be much you can do about it, next thing you know your city is ablaze and everyone's dying because the fire engines and ambulances are stuck!

Soldato
Does anyone know the settings you need to use to get your city to export to a great work? I know you need to go to the great work site and press the power button, but how do I get my metal, alloy etc to actually go there? I've set my trade ports to 'use locally', but I've also got some consumer electronics factories in one of my regions, so presumably the alloy will just be sent to them? Do I need to turn off the power at all those factories or will the game be intelligent enough to divide the resources between the great work and the factories?

edit: it's ok, my resources are being sent there but the progress bars aren't updating yet, stupid server lag!

Last edited:
Soldato
Finally got to 1billion ! This game is way way to easy. Soon as i build Archeology i deleted pretty much all my zones

Not a nice looking town at all, but still i can send money around

(NOT SANDBOX)

Spark_2013-03-24_10-53-56.png

Back
Top Bottom