1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple Excel question

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by reefoid, 8 Apr 2010.

1. reefoid

Wise Guy

Hi guys

I hope someone can help, I'm pretty sure this is fairly simple but I rarely use Excel and can't work it out this morning.

I have a spreadsheet with two worksheets. Worksheet 1 contains some address data in two columns - street name and house number. Worksheet 2 is a form which includes two fields for street name and house number.

Basically, I want to be able to print this form and it automatically prints one form for each record in worksheet 1 with the correct address data automatically transferred to worksheet 2.

At the moment, my boss is manually copying/pasting each address, printing, then repeating for all addresses.

Does this make sense?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. edscdk

Soldato

create a 3rd sheet and add the formula

=Sheet1!A1 & " " & Sheet2!A1

if he has renamed the sheets replace sheet1 and sheet2 with what ever he has called them..

is that what you need?

3. reefoid

Wise Guy

Thanks for the reply. Can you explain what this is doing? I've added it into Sheet3 (other sheets are still called Sheet1/2) but I can't see any change to data anywhere.

Here is some example data just to clarify what I'm trying to do.

Sheet1:
    A1 = 1 B1 = Smith Street
    A2 = 3 B2 = Smith Street
    A3 = 8 B3 = North Street

Sheet2 has lots of info on it, but relevant fields are:

D7 = House Number
    E7 = Street Name

So I want a way that with a single click (or as few as possible) Sheet2 gets printed once for each record on Sheet1. I guess its like a mail merge, but just can't work out how to do it.

Thanks.

4. Sweey

Hitman

A little bit of VB scripting will sort this one. A For, Next cluster in a macro can be used to feed the information in and instruct it to print.

Email it to me: onceuponadaydream at hotmail dot com and I'll have a quick mess around. Off work ill again today so need something to keep my brain alive.

5. reefoid

Wise Guy

Sweey, just wanted to repeat my gratitude in my mail on the forum as well. You've been a great help. Sorted my issue out and have been thoroughly nice about it as well!!

6. Sweey

Hitman

No problem, glad I could help.

7. Jed Shields

Wise Guy

Just for info, I think MS Word has this function ... Mail Merge I seem to recall?