Singapore and Bali

Soldato
Singapore is one of the fullest places i’ve ever been it’s like someone pressure washed the life and soul out of the place.

Bali is great avoid the beach places near the airport head in land and to the north.

Soldato
If you're an F1 fan then the Singapore race weekend is one of the most varied weekends you can have, from the 'racing' (there won't be much, and you can't see much from any location on the track!) to the concerts afterwards to everything that the city has to offer. We did Vietnam afterwards rather than Bali, so I can't comment on the latter. But in Singapore my recommendations would be:

- Chinatown, and Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle and Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle - street food outlets Michelin starred a few years ago but the queues are immense
- Gardens by the Bay - I'd say that outside is better at night and inside better during the day (inside is beautifully cool)
- Brewerkz on Clarke Quay do some great craft beers, but you're in tourist central here so you will really pay for them
- Raffles. I've been there three times now and it was two times too many, but I think that you do really need to see and experience it as a first time visitor
- Four floors of whores, Orchard Road. You can go there for a dance and drinks together with your wife if she's game, but it is an eye opener!
- Afternoon tea is a tradition at the Fullerton, but you'll be really pressed to get in there in a race weekend

I would avoid Sentosa. Full of American and other expats acting like they own the country. Some nice nature walks though.

Edit - crap, just realised that I forgot Ce La Vie bar on the top of Marina Bay Sands. You won't get in during any F1 action but at other times and on the Monday afterwards, wander for for drinks and the best view of the city - no cost.

rB1aTA6.jpg

87XdREy.jpg

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Yeh monkey Forrest is good in Bali, but it's quite a relaxing chilled island so don't expect much fun. A place like Langkawi is a bit more excitement with less luxury. Bali is lovely though but a one off for me.
- Four floors of whores, Orchard Road. You can go there for a dance and drinks together with your wife if she's game, but it is an eye opener!
Taxi driver took me and my wife here!!! It was suspicious to start considering how grotty it was compared with the rest of singapore, then the old men and groups of indian contractors, the slutty looking lone women and questionable "women"... but when the barman said the ladies toilets were outside it all kind of clicked! We soon exited and headed to Clarke Quay which was worlds apart.

That was a nice anniversary evening haha

Soldato
Taxi driver took me and my wife here!!! It was suspicious to start considering how grotty it was compared with the rest of singapore, then the old men and groups of indian contractors, the slutty looking lone women and questionable "women"... but when the barman said the ladies toilets were outside it all kind of clicked! We soon exited and headed to Clarke Quay which was worlds apart.

Generally, it gets more and more bizarre the higher up you go!

Soldato
If you're an F1 fan then the Singapore race weekend is one of the most varied weekends you can have, from the 'racing' (there won't be much, and you can't see much from any location on the track!) to the concerts afterwards to everything that the city has to offer. We did Vietnam afterwards rather than Bali, so I can't comment on the latter.

Had the same seats as you, is that last year? Agree that you don't see much of the racing it's more of the whole weekend experience like you said. Dua Lipa performed last year so that was good entertainment. Headed to 1-Altitude bar after the race and the atmosphere up there was great. Good music and stunning views of Singapore. I preferred the views from Ce La Vi but both are good.

OP if you can one evening head out to the Merlion and The Fullerton Bay, the views across the river of Marina Bay Sands are simply amazing, makes for a great evening walk too!

Associate
Walking along the Helix Bridge at night and looking back at Marina Bay Sands is also a really nice view.
Double-Helix-Bridge.jpg

Back
Top Bottom