Single black female: Love Island and the problem with race and dating

Soldato
So how did the doctor get on the show? I bet there's plenty of intelligent people apply they'll just get turned down as they don't fit the phenotype they're after.

You could argue who's really the intelligent ones in all of this, as those on the show have found an easy way to make money without much effort, while millions of people who watch the show slug away at the 9-5 life and use shows like this one as escapsim. Anyhow if society was all about worshipping intelligence the world would be a much different place.

Then why do people on these shows always seem to sound like total morons?

Maybe they are lying about what they do to make the show look more intellectual (lol), or they are actually acting...

Soldato
Then why do people on these shows always seem to sound like total morons?

Maybe they are lying about what they do to make the show look more intellectual (lol), or they are actually acting...

I will admit that i know quite a few people who are incredibly knowledgeable in their field but some of the stuff they say throughout the week can be made into a 30 minute video that would make you think they require watering twice a week.

I can't help but feel that these shows take the extremely ditsy ones and let them bumble around on camera for grade A Telepoo.

Soldato
Nerdy skinny 33 old men with Asperger's are not represented by this show......RAGE, they don't show the issues and struggles Nerdy skinny 33 old men with Asperger's like me have....... RAGE.

Man of Honour
On average people tend to be attracted to their own race, but I do find it interesting that no matter who's being asked about their preferences, black women (especially dark skinned) tend to come bottom. Even a large number of black men tend to view them negatively.

I dated a black woman from Angola and the the difference in lip sizes was actually a dealbreaker for me. I do find some black women attractive, but it's a different matter when you get up close and personal.

Uhhhh, big lips sounds like the opposite of a dealbreaker... :p

Soldato
Being a black man myself, it's mainly because black women are seen as more dominant which can equal less attractive.

You can blame American TV shows where its always the black woman who is angry, argumentative and harder to control.

Back
Top Bottom