Single black female: Love Island and the problem with race and dating

Soldato
So by his reasoning, unless Caracus2k is pansexual then he is also some form of bigot, we just have to find out what kind of bigot he is :D

Bigotry is simply intolerance to others beliefs. We are all at least a little bit bigoted as it's pretty much impossible to wholly tolerate the full range of beliefs out there without there being a conflict between them.

I have ethnicity, sex, gender identity and age based sexual preferences. I'm definitely not a pansexual person.

Not all discrimination is bad. It's quite sensible to discriminate in a lot of circumstances.

Caporegime
I guess the difference is, with beauty being subjective, if you would date a black women if you met one that you found attractive, that is not racism.
What if you simply don't find black women attractive?

It's not racist to say that black women are generally darker than white women (lol); generally thicker built than white woman; generally larger in the buttock dept than white women (etc).

Genetics aren't racist, and having a preference that aligns with/against certain populations that share those genetics isn't racist either.

Soldato

It's not racist to say that black women are generally darker than white women (lol); generally thicker built than white woman; generally larger in the buttock dept than white women (etc).

Genetics aren't racist, and having a preference that aligns with/against certain populations that share those genetics isn't racist either.

Tell that to Caracus, although I don’t think he actually believes it.

I think he’s trying to highlight the ridiculousness of ‘gender politics’ (as he perceives it) by playing Devil’s Advocate.

Either that or he just likes arguing. :p

Soldato

I find it hard to believe there is anyone that can find everyone of a certain race unattractive.

Although I annoyingly keep trying to find examples and every time they are actually mixed race!

Example: Maya Jama

Soldato
I obviously do like debating but I also find the examination of differences in groups of humans due to their DNA a very interesting, if obviously a controversial, field of enquiry.

I have been round and round on various threads here re the wider subjects that surround the subject of 'races' and inheritable traits.

Personally I don't really like the term 'races' due to its historical baggage mostly and prefer a term like 'geographical population groups'.

Know of course such groups are inherently 'fuzzy' and you can't always clearly define one group from an adjacent one due to the (historically rather more limited and slower) movement of people around the globe previously. But then, as highlighted in previous threads, its now known that its actually quite hard to delineate different species when you look at the problems caused by things such as ring species and the offspring of tigers and lions being potentially fertile themselves.

But regardless it doesn't stop clear observations of real world differences being observed between different geographical population groups of humans especially when they are seperated by quite a lot of time/geography from a view of time since they shared common ancestors.

Its quite frustrating at times because we live in a society where the prevailing opinion can be summarised as being one where the majority belief is that if we observe a dissparity in outcomes and this dissparity appears to negatively affect a perceived 'victim' group that this disparity must be solely/mostly the result of systemic oppression.

Combined with this there is a widely held attitude that it is abhorrent to attempt to study whether there are any inherent differences in groups of humans that may affect societal outcomes.

Which seems, to me, that some people are 'trying to have it both ways' by accusing institutions of being systemic oppressors of certain groups whilst censuring any attempt to examine to what degree differential outcomes are actually the result of systemic issues or average inherent differences between different population groups.

Back
Top Bottom