sirocco, A3 or bmw 120d

Soldato
Thats a bit of an ironic statement from a Mini owner :p

It drives so well those who don't buy them purely as fashion accessories can be forgiven. My dad quite often takes it on his commute to work (mostly country roads) because it's "fun" when his usual drive is an E93 330d.

Last edited:
Associate
Of those three, I'd have the Scirocco. I'm not bothered that it may 'technically' be the worst car there (although I'm not sure it is). It just looks so damn awesome.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
140bhp bmw is a rather depressing affair :p

i agree, but a 118d isn't on the list ;)

The BMW is rubbish, go for either other two options
Having spent the best part of a week driving through spain in a rental 118d, i can safely say that the 1 series is not rubbish.
a 11x will be woefully slow, but certainly not rubbish.

i was pleasantly surprised by the general quality of plastics and build quality. yes, there were some flimsy, shiny bits here and there, but certainly no more than would be found in a golf or audi.
The interior is less drab than a golf/scirocco too.

The only negatives were the engine, the efficient dynamics stop-start, and the fact it is a bit cramped. had too many driver/passenger elbow knockings when changing gear.
unless you need the space of an a3, i can't see why you'd take one

Last edited:
Soldato
That's quite a tough choice actually. I'd be tempted by the DSG box as I've not had one before. The 140 will feel nearly as quick as the 170 anyway and has a chunk better economy. Some people say the scirocco looks cool, I think it tries to look cool; not entirely sure it pulls it off.

The beamer trumps both on power and economy but just looks like a complete clown car...

...and for that reason, I'm out!

Soldato
What a fantastic argument, the Audi is definitely the winner based on those facts!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Now how about explaining why the choice is clear?

He's obviously never spent nearly 30k on one to find out how c**p both the dealers and Audi UK are when things start to go wrong with the car at only a year old(and thats being kind to Audi considering they were fixing various things from 2k miles onwards).

Back
Top Bottom