sirocco, A3 or bmw 120d

Soldato
The only negatives were the engine, the efficient dynamics stop-start,

How is that a negative?

Is it cool to keep your emissions as high as possible?

It can be turned off in situations like traffic jams, queues but is great for traffic lights and other situations where you're waiting for a long time.

Soldato
What a fantastic argument, the Audi is definitely the winner based on those facts!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Now how about explaining why the choice is clear?

Yeah I was wondering that, isnt it technically, the same as the scirocco just in a boring looking body and with really uncomfortable seats?

I should mention that our A3 TDi arrives soon,so I should be biased, but still the scirocco wins for me, neighbour accros the way has one, and every morning I see it and think, wow, thats a nice looking car! Gonna be worse once the A3 is delivered...

mjt

mjt

Soldato
How is that a negative?

Is it cool to keep your emissions as high as possible?

It can be turned off in situations like traffic jams, queues but is great for traffic lights and other situations where you're waiting for a long time.

it's negative because when you're in the middle of spain and it's 36C outside, i like to keep the aircon on all the time. every time the car stopped with the foot off the clutch, the air inside the cabin became very stuffy and the climate control needed adjusting.
i'm sure this isn't a problem in milder climates, but it was annoying when i used it.
i will also be interested to see what these cars are like in a few years time, being turned on and off about a million times.

Man of Honour
it's negative because when you're in the middle of spain and it's 36C outside, i like to keep the aircon on all the time. every time the car stopped with the foot off the clutch, the air inside the cabin became very stuffy and the climate control needed adjusting.

So you press the stop-start button on the dash to disable the system. Duh?

Associate
Hang on does the Mini run different Stop Sart tech then other BMW models then? Cause if the aircon is working overtime in the Mini the engine doesn't cut out, and like wise if the engine has stopped and I turn the aircon up the engine will cut itself back in without me pressing the clutch pedal if necessary to keep the aircon nice and cold.

Man of Honour
It depends what your wife wants from a car and if she is like my wife, ie female, it will be different to me. From an interior perspective I think the Audi probably has it as it does from practicality and space. The engine in the Audi and Sceee Rock O are the same engine I believe, but the VW with be running the less powerful map so taking the VW to the same power, maybe a touch more is a work of moments if this is of interest. Each time I see one of those VW's I appreciate them less and think the Golf is a better car personally. Had a nose at a new GTi the other day and thought it was a lovely car.

BMW will be quicker and drive the best but this will most likely mean less to your wife.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
[TW]Fox;14870574 said:
So you press the stop-start button on the dash to disable the system. Duh?
well obviously, but if you're in and out of the car a lot, you forget. especially if you're spending a lot of time looking at a map.
i'm just not completely convinced by the system

Hang on does the Mini run different Stop Sart tech then other BMW models then? Cause if the aircon is working overtime in the Mini the engine doesn't cut out, and like wise if the engine has stopped and I turn the aircon up the engine will cut itself back in without me pressing the clutch pedal if necessary to keep the aircon nice and cold.
i dunno. it did start up by itself after 2 minutes though, so maybe when it realised that the temp was rising. still 2 mins too late tho ;)

Soldato
A3 i'd have, good engine, proper gearbox and should have a fair bit of refinement about it, scirroco is ok but is going to be more poorly specced, and DSG = fail (I hate anything which isn't a normal manual).

The bmw is an ok car but just fugly as hell and not a proper bmw if you ask me, bmw shouldn't do hatchbacks like they shouldn't do vans.

A3 definitely for me but it's up to her aint it.

Back
Top Bottom