Sites to help me learn rather than just asking questions

Associate
Right now i run a Asus Z87 Deluxe with an i7-4770k and 16GB, nothing fancy i know but I will be looking to upgrade this (if i find it's worth it) in about 4-6 months, however since i bought this lot i have done ZERO reading and keeping up with the scene as far as motherboards/chipsets/CPU's and these new tiny drives M2 i think they are called.

So rather than come here and clog up the board with stupid questions I was wondering if people could suggest a few decent sites for me to visit on a weekly basis to get me up to speed with current and maybe future markets, for example the first place i should look is the chipset side of things, so i need to find sites that deal with that at least in some ways, i know places like Toms Hardware but as i say not been in the scene for a while, GPU will not be a real issue for me as i'm not gamer and right now use my current CPU for video but next build i will use a small GPU but it will be small, any thoughts or suggestions are more than welcome.

All1

Soldato
I got back up to speed on PC hardware developments partly by reading tech news and partly shopping around whole building new PCs. I especially like Kitguru although their main presence/audience is on Facebook. Lots of discussion on there.

I also find reading the forum regularly I learn a lot - i like the General Hardware, Overclocking/Cooling and Water Cooling subforums. You might choose to take an interest in the CPU forum or the motherboards one if you're interested in chipset progress. There are some well informed people on here and lots of open discussion so you don't see too much bias. I try to catch up at least once a day, on my commute :)

Associate
OP
Hi LuckyBenski ok thanks for the reply, yea i feel i need to look at CPU/Chipset and motherboard first so i will keep an eye on them and see what i can pick up from there many thx

All1

Associate
Hi LuckyBenski ok thanks for the reply, yea i feel i need to look at CPU/Chipset and motherboard first so i will keep an eye on them and see what i can pick up from there many thx

All1
Dont worry about clogging up the forum. The best thing to do if you have a specific question is to use the search function and see if there is an up to date answer. If not, then post away.

I think everyone in the various hardware forums is here to help, get help, or have healthy debate. Tech moves so fast that often guides and old answers, while good for a starting point, are quickly out of date. Doing your own research is great of course, but use that search and then ask if you need to.

Back
Top Bottom