Skinned the Xbox 360

Soldato
My vinyls arrived today and went on nice and smoothly.

However the faceplate one doesn't look right due to the plate being white in the first place. When I return to work on Wednesday I'll take me faceplate and spray it all black and then re-apply the vinyl which really doesn't leave any residues. It's also the hardest part to do.

In the first pic theres a vacant white bit near the ring of light. I just forgot to push the vinyl all the way back into the button area there. Looks really nice, but I won't be happy until I get to work and spray the faceplate cos the white bits look odd.

http://www.kainzy.org/x360/

Soldato
I'll probably skin mine when I get my home cinema kit all sorted out. Will either go for all black to match my media pc or silver to match my amp/tv depending on where it ends up sitting :D

Associate
Dunno if its just me but all of the skins I have seen so far just look really cheap and nasty, other than Nismo's which looks half decent. Think i'll stick to the default.

Mind you I even prefer the look of the core over the premium, maybe I have no taste :p

Soldato
da_mic_1530 said:
i want one but il screw it up i know i will

well i got round to buying one, and yes i screwed it up, but the side i screwed , no 1 can see it, so its ok, its bleeding hard to apply though, bubbled everywhere etc, DONT use a credit card to smooth it down as they suggest as this tears the thing, sponges 4 the win, as i discovered on the 2nd side, anyway

denarrrr!

Soldato
Its upside down :confused:

Go on admit it you screwed up the top :p

EDIT: also have you got the left side on the right and the right on the left as it doesn't seem to line up?

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Its upside down :confused:

Go on admit it you screwed up the top :p

EDIT: also have you got the left side on the right and the right on the left as it doesn't seem to line up?

all of the above i have realised, but i really cba 2 do anyting about it

Caporegime
da_mic_1530 said:
well i got round to buying one, and yes i screwed it up, but the side i screwed , no 1 can see it, so its ok, its bleeding hard to apply though, bubbled everywhere etc, DONT use a credit card to smooth it down as they suggest as this tears the thing, sponges 4 the win, as i discovered on the 2nd side, anyway

denarrrr!

It's upside down and the sides or on the wrong way.
On another note, the netgear thing looks stupid and the AC adaptor ontop the console is not a good look.

Caporegime
da_mic_1530 said:

Why not, if the bottom (top) is screwed, flip them around the correct way and you can have it looking fine AND have the console the right way up.

Permabanned
da_mic_1530 said:

:D

Am I the only one having a really good chortle at this?

DaNaaaa! Look at the mess I made of this lol ;)

Soldato
tbh virii im laughing at it, but it does look better in real life, i dont get nokkons comments about the netgear adapter, that has nothing to do with the 360???, + the power brick is beside the 360, not on top, the pic is the wrong way n all. I mite do it again later as you can reapply them but ive got things 2 b doing

On a side not how friggin hard is DOA4, friggin solid

Soldato
At least i have you guys to test messing up your xboxes... :p

I definitely do not want to skin mine.. but maybe if it was a core and didnt have the shiny plate.. so i could cover up my inadequacy... :p

ooh..burnt :D

Soldato
Nismo said:
Although I agree and wouldnt put anything that garish on mine, its nice to be able to customise them in whatever way you like :)

I went for the subtle look (also known as the 'Ghetto' E3 limited edition faceplate :p)

360_2.jpg

Thats the one i want, dont know why they didnt use it on the final console!

Back
Top Bottom