skittles vodka

Associate
I keep wanting to try some of these types of vodka but I don't want to end up with a bottle of stuff I don't like

I might try a small bottle for the camping meet - I'm sure if I don't drink it, someone else will ;)

Associate
1x75cl Red square vodka (was v.cheap)
3xTube of Trebor Extra strong mints

1) Decant 1/4 of vodka into another container
2)Empty mints into a clean tea-towel
3)Hit mints with rolling pin till they fit down the neck of the bottle
4)Add mints to bottle
5)top up with previously removed vodka
6)Shake lots

This stuff is soooo good. It looks a bit like lemon alcopops, but tastes like winter. The advantage of these is they almost entirely dissolve so no filtering required. There are tiny mint particles left as i over saturated mine but they just add to the flavour, you dont notice them.

I actually used my spare vodka to make rasberry millions-flavour in an old tequila bottle. dunno what it'll be like :S

Caporegime
Try putting stuff like haribo in the bottles instead. Seal up the top with gaffa tape then stick it in the dishwasher for a cycle. Leave it to cool. voila

And supposedly you can filter cheap vodka through a britta water filter to make it better too. Not 100% sure on that one though. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Just made skittles vodka

Hi all

After seeing a thread on here a while back i thought i would try some skittles vodka.

I used one of the big bags of skittles to 70cl red square vodka. Took out all of the green ones aswell. Its been dissolving since wednesday afternoon and im currently still filtering.

During filtering i couldnt help but taste some, and tbh it still tastes pretty much like straight vodka, except taking a slight kick off it. This wasnt my desired outcome, expecially as after googling and hearing off here thats its ment to taste lovely!

Maybe i didnt put enough skittles in?

Anybody else done this recently and how did it come out? e.g. was it bearable without a mixer and how much skittles did you use with 70cl vodka?

Thanks

Soldato
Xplo said:
Hi all

After seeing a thread on here a while back i thought i would try some skittles vodka.

I used one of the big bags of skittles to 70cl red square vodka. Took out all of the green ones aswell. Its been dissolving since wednesday afternoon and im currently still filtering.

During filtering i couldnt help but taste some, and tbh it still tastes pretty much like straight vodka, except taking a slight kick off it. This wasnt my desired outcome, expecially as after googling and hearing off here thats its ment to taste lovely!

Maybe i didnt put enough skittles in?

Anybody else done this recently and how did it come out? e.g. was it bearable without a mixer and how much skittles did you use with 70cl vodka?

Thanks

How much (weight wise) skittles did you use? I find that it's best to use lots of skittles, but that adds a risk of the vodka becoming syrupy. Syrupy vodka tastes better, but is useless for shots. You need to mix it with lemonade if it goes too syrupy, but damn it tastes good. I would use 3/4 of a big bag with 1l of vodka. I've been doing this for a few months, and would reccomend mint vodka and cola-cube vodka too. Rubarb and custard vodka is disolving as we speak. Not too sure on that, though.

Associate
Well i think the big bags are 180g, and i used all of them minus the green ones to 700ml of vodka. Doesnt seem to be enough, its no where near syruppy.

Might have to get some lemonade to drink it with.

Its my first attempt so next time ill use mmore skittles.

Btw when you made yours how did it taste straight?

Soldato
Xplo said:
Well i think the big bags are 180g, and i used all of them minus the green ones to 700ml of vodka. Doesnt seem to be enough, its no where near syruppy.

Might have to get some lemonade to drink it with.

Its my first attempt so next time ill use mmore skittles.

Btw when you made yours how did it taste straight?

Well due to the nature of cheap vodka ( i assume this was cheap vodka, not some good stuff? If it's good stuff - for shame! :p) it is quite hard to mask the taste. A shot of skittles vodka (which must be freezing cold - freezer for 3 hours or so) will still taste of vodka when it goes down, it's just the initial taste where you get the skittles. If you want to do it properly and get rid of the vodka taste almost completly, filter the vodka through a brita filter first, then dissolve the skittles. I buy the pack of 4 boxes (2 normal skittles, 2 sours) from asda and put those in 70cl. Maybe it's just the sour ones which make it syrupy.

Mint vodka made with extra strongs has no vodka taste at all. It's nice, but tastes a bit of mouthwash :)

Edit: We should get a sign over the bed that says 'MERGE'

Last edited:
Associate
Ok nice one mate, just got a kitchenware wholesale and britas are really cheap so will get one and try that out.

Thanks

Man of Honour
I've just given this a go! I emptied a bag of skittles into the bottle below and left it a few days until they dissolved. I spent about half an hour ripping up tea bags and using them to filter the skittle residue off.
I've had a little taste (as you can see) but the skittle flavour isn't very strong. Should I stick in another couple of bags?

skittlevodka.jpg

Back
Top Bottom