Skoda Superb Estate SE L 2.0 TDI 190 PS

Soldato
Just started a new job and have been given one of the above as a company car. What are peoples thoughts on this.

Is the Superb a decent drive and is there anything to watch out for ?

Man of Honour
They are big, dunno if you've got decent parking spaces at work or have to squeeze into a city centre sardine parking space?

It's 4.8 metres long and under 2m in width. It's not really that big that you'd need to think twice about parking anywhere.

Soldato
It's 4.8 metres long and under 2m in width. It's not really that big that you'd need to think twice about parking anywhere.

I guess it depends on the car parks. Normal, proper car parks, no issue as you say, just from personal experience of the car parks where I commute to, they're typically just abandoned lots of land with gravel with no layout or structure, so ends up being a bit of a melee. Not sure what cars OP has driven in past, or where he can park, but worth a thought at least.

Associate
Great family car. Don't expect any fireworks, but to get you from A to B and lug lots of crap it'll do the job.

If you have issues, I've found briskoda.net to be a helpful forum with lots of knowledgable people.

Associate
They are big, dunno if you've got decent parking spaces at work or have to squeeze into a city centre sardine parking space?
Agree with this. It is a long car and it can be more difficult to park in some car parks (the length more so than the width). Think it is pretty much the same length as some on street parking spaces!

Soldato
Agree with this. It is a long car and it can be more difficult to park in some car parks (the length more so than the width). Think it is pretty much the same length as some on street parking spaces!

I'd side with Fox on this one. It's only 100mm longer than an A4 estate or 200mm longer than a Ford Focus estate. By comparison an S-Class LWB is nearly 400mm longer than the Superb :eek:

A standard parking space is 4.8m long so pretty much any decent sized estate car is going to be around that length.

Soldato
I went from an A3 to a 5 Series Touring and actually find the 5 Series easier to park. Yes it's longer but the only time I've struggled to park it is when some idiot in the bay behind me hasn't managed to park his Citroën C1 in the bay properly.

The only issue I have with the 5 Series is the bonnet never seems to end but I reverse or parallel park it everywhere so it's never an issue.

Back
Top Bottom