Skoda

Caporegime
Yeh as you know he's got to get rid of it by this weekend and was listed at £6200 last week, now £5500. Some trader could make a fair bit from that

Indeed. Shame you cant afford it. Could be a bargain. Which i'd have gone for it to be honest, makes mine look like a rip off ( which i think it was... a bit) but there were hardly any around when i was looking and i had a time limit on getting one.

I won't be rushing into car buying again that is for sure.

Associate
Indeed. Shame you cant afford it. Could be a bargain. Which i'd have gone for it to be honest, makes mine look like a rip off ( which i think it was... a bit) but there were hardly any around when i was looking and i had a time limit on getting one.

I won't be rushing into car buying again that is for sure.

I'm having the same issue, there's hardly any around that fall into my bracket. By the time I've filtered my search, there's about 12 on autotrader, 5 on pistonheads etc.

Associate
There's an advert for it on Briskoda as well. I'm quite tempted until I remember the insurance would probably cripple me :o

I spoke to the guy on the skoda forum and he sold it last minute to a private seller. He sold it for £5k which makes me cry :mad:

Missed out a real bargain there

edit: unless you bought it?

Still haven't got any others on the radar at the moment! There's a decent one w/ 48k miles, but that's located down in Southampton

Associate
It wasn't me who bought it. Sort of forgot about it to be honest, gutted to read it was sold for £5,000 though, I'd have been very interested if I'd known he would accept that price for it. I also suddenly decided I liked the look of E46 320D Sports, but I've gone off that idea now.

I'll probably stick to my original plan of buying my dad's Fabia vRS at family rates as it's been in the family since new. If I get that I'll probably pay a visit to Seat Surgeons or similar to get the interior re-trimmed. It's been remapped so I'll probably do a couple of handling mods to it and leave it at that as it'll mainly be a commuter car.

At least if I buy the Fabia I can still post in this thread?? :p

Associate
It wasn't me who bought it. Sort of forgot about it to be honest, gutted to read it was sold for £5,000 though, I'd have been very interested if I'd known he would accept that price for it. I also suddenly decided I liked the look of E46 320D Sports, but I've gone off that idea now.

I'll probably stick to my original plan of buying my dad's Fabia vRS at family rates as it's been in the family since new. If I get that I'll probably pay a visit to Seat Surgeons or similar to get the interior re-trimmed. It's been remapped so I'll probably do a couple of handling mods to it and leave it at that as it'll mainly be a commuter car.

At least if I buy the Fabia I can still post in this thread?? :p

I would have bought it and sadly nothing on the other sites are comparable to it.

Fabia is really a marmite car isn't it. Really don't like the look of them and not enough space in them for me. Where would I put the golf clubs :p

Associate
Jono - that vRS you bought, how many miles did it have on the clock? I've seen a really high spec petrol version in really good condition, but it's done 70k miles which sort of puts me off.

Not 100% on what limit I should look at for the Petrol version?

Caporegime
I spoke to the guy on the skoda forum and he sold it last minute to a private seller. He sold it for £5k which makes me cry :mad:

Missed out a real bargain there

edit: unless you bought it?

Still haven't got any others on the radar at the moment! There's a decent one w/ 48k miles, but that's located down in Southampton

5k! Wow what a crazy bargain.

Caporegime
Jono - that vRS you bought, how many miles did it have on the clock? I've seen a really high spec petrol version in really good condition, but it's done 70k miles which sort of puts me off.

Not 100% on what limit I should look at for the Petrol version?

I don't think there is really a limit. I didnt want to get anything over 70k myself. Don't ask why as i know mileage isnt always an inidicator of quality. Probably could have got something for under 5k if it was nearer the 100k mark.

still cant get over that 07 with under 50k on it going for 5k! :eek:

Caporegime
I hate life. I spent months looking for one of these and they were as rare as anything. Travelled ages to get mine, and then two absolute bargains show up this month, both very near to wear i live ( the Richmond, 5k one and this one which, judging by the phone area code is in Dorking where i work)..... Both better and cheaper than mine (albeit private sales)

:p FML

Car bargains are clearly meant for other people and not me.

Associate
I hate life. I spent months looking for one of these and they were as rare as anything. Travelled ages to get mine, and then two absolute bargains show up this month, both very near to wear i live ( the Richmond, 5k one and this one which, judging by the phone area code is in Dorking where i work)..... Both better and cheaper than mine (albeit private sales)

I do a lot of searching to be fair mate, I'm good at finding good deals, generally ;)

It is in dorking, may go check it out at the weekend :)

Soldato

Its an age old law. Once you've bought don't go looking again!

Associate
[TW]Fox;23113257 said:
You think 70k is a NEGATIVE?! It's a £5k car, the fact its got 70k not 170k is surely a positive?

Looks very cheap to me, is that all they are worth? I'd have thought an 07 plate would be more especially on sub 100k.

I see what your saying, maybe it's just because I was looking sub 60k on my searches.

They're worth more, generally about 6-7k but he needs to sell as he wants a campervan and can't afford to run both (just spoke to him on the phone - seems like a decent guy).

Probably going to view it this weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom