Skoda

Soldato
So far after almost 4 months and 3200 miles of ownership i have managed an average of 30mpg through fairly mixed driving which i am a little disappointed with (the box has only sat on for about 250 miles).

Nice car :)
I'm averaging about 28mpg in my R Estate over the same number of miles.

Associate
So far after almost 4 months and 3200 miles of ownership i have managed an average of 30mpg through fairly mixed driving which i am a little disappointed with (the box has only sat on for about 250 miles).

The engine won't be run in yet. It took 8k+ before mine loosened up and the mpg improved significantly.

Soldato
Our Superb SE-L Exec 2.0 TSI 220ps DSG hatch was built on Monday/Tuesday and left the factory heading to port today. :D It's petrol blue with black half leather half alcantara, colour maxidot, flappy paddles and a rear wiper. Pretty standard as they're fairly loaded already, but I couldn't forego the paddles and for £80 the colour maxidot was a no brainer. Dealer reckons we'll have it in a couple of weeks. :D

Associate
998495_10154163521887697_6369776872090347036_n.jpg
2.0 TSI vRS

small additions:
roof bars + box
heko wind deflectors
hatchbag
bumper protector
travall dog guard (skoda had none in stock)

Can't really fault the car in many other aspects, the wife finds it easy to drive and having the DSG really does take the stress out of driving. It has been perfect for moving stuff out of the house and doing IKEA runs etc. However now that the clio 200 is gone it may need to step up to the plate in terms of driving enjoyment. Not sure if the standard tyres are up to the job or if the engine is pushing a bit more than the quoted 220ps as it is very keen to break traction.

Almost convinced what i really need is the 280ps superb estate. ;) So may need to go down the tuning box route.

Where did you get your bumper protector from and how much of if you don't mind me asking?

Associate
mine came with conti's - horrible things. Now run goodyear eagle f1 which I've never had any issues with.

On a side not - 28k mileage and car was in for 2nd service yesterday (covered under free servicing when I bought the car - Oil/filter etc)

However needed rear pads and discs changed as well. Discs were quite badly corroded as well (dealer sent me a video of them from the underside of the car)

£250. A little disappointed after just 28k mileage as I'm a fairly relaxed driver and not a mad man or anything.

Mine came with Conti CS3's and i got 30k out of these before needing new set. however my brake pads are due this month but will probably wait until service is due

Associate
Associate
Soldato
http://www.rearguards.co.uk/

http://www.rearguards.co.uk/index.p...f=RBP721&sid=34bs0749q9v474477a8684ix91y763z1

cost about £50 but the standard skoda ones just don't seem to go over the lip at all which just leads to a tonne of scratches.

I have the bumper flap for the hatchbag too but my dogs are usually too keen to wait for that to be folded down.:rolleyes:

Glad you posted that. Since getting a dog those days where she runs out before I have put the towel down it will save some of my boot lip.

Caporegime
Bridgestone Potenza's are utterly ****! I can get wheel spin in 2nd just pulling out of junctions, and they provide absolutely no confidence in the wet.

/rant :p

Soldato
I passed my test the other week and got my very first car!

I picked a Skoda Fabia Comfort 1.9TDI. Its old, had done a tonne of miles but its great fun to drive and seems to run forever on a tank of diesel !

Over the moon with my choice.

Soldato
Looks great! :cool:

Just got off the phone myself, car has been delivered just going through the checks, annoyingly I'm busy until next Thursday but it'll be worth the wait.

You still getting your motor from Telford today mate ? Mine should be there now last 3 of plate is VKT if you see it let me know it's in one piece....:D

Back
Top Bottom