Skoda

Soldato
Don't Skoda still offer the free 7 day insurance?
When I collected mine, they just wanted basic details and I had free 7-day, fully comprehensive insurance.
Meant I could get the car home and shop around for the best deal in my own time - not have to worry about switch over dates on other insurance etc.

Associate
octavia.jpg

Very quick snap off phone, couldn't see the VRT reg MOOGLEYS but there were a couple of others in that mould.
The paintwork is immaculate, I wasn't aware that they have a protected film on the lower skirt so will help against any stone chips.

I drove it home like a pensioner :)

Soldato
Very nice mate mine should have the chrome grill and Red trim but if it's black grill and grey I'm not bothered. I should be picking it up Monday or Tuesday I'm a little excited... :)

Good that it has sill protection as I read about the MK2's having rust issues on the sills due to chipping.

I think I will too tbh slow and steady and avoiding the nutters.... :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mine used to be that colour. Its currently brown :p

Makes me want to clean it, but I'm reluctant to take it through a car wash, and it's too cold and I'm too lazy to wash it myself :)

Soldato
yip - that's where mine goes - £5 and it's spotless, wheels cleaned etc.:D

My local is ace they use fresh cloth's on every wash and real leather shami leathers. I just sit reading the paper whilst they go at it like super efficient robots. :) what they manage in 15 mins would take me 2-3 hours tbh...

Last edited:
Soldato
My local is ace they use fresh clothes on every wash and real leather shami leathers. I just sit reading the paper whilst they go at it like super efficient robots. :) what they manage in 15 mins would take me 2-3 hours tbh...

a mate of mine spends 4 hours at the weekend washing/waxing/cleaning his car. 62 plate Focus!

Why waste 4 hours when it can be done in 10 mins for £5:D

Soldato
Well after what seems forever and going from Audi, BMW, Lexus on leases I finally found a car within budget, looks good (I was always sceptical with the front end look but the facelift is nice), drives smoothly and plenty of toys. I ended up signing on the dotted line for this on Friday (dealer pics for now):

Elegance Spec
170bhp 2.0TDI
DSG
15 plate
7,500 on clock

After all the admin fees, mats, fuel etc managed to get a good deal for my company and will be sending over the total of just under £19k today.

As they are based in the EU business leases were unavailable and didn't fancy being personally liable for a company car which will be doing 20 - 30k per year. I think BIK will be around £130 per month so not too bad.

Something I really did enjoy was the softer suspension, having had cars with hard suspension for the last 12 years it was nice to be in a car which didn't jar your back going over uneven roads. Hopefully pick up tomorrow all being well so will get some better pictures over the next few days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom