1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Broadbrand upload speed ?

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by nutter, 29 Sep 2009.

1. nutter

Gangster

Hi, im just wondering if there is a simple tool/software, that will allow me to increase my upload speed.

My download speed is ok, i seem to get around 8mb to 13mb depending on time. Thats being wireless.

My upload speed whilst wireless is around 350kbps to 530kbps

If i connect directly to the router, or right next to it, i can get around 650kbps.

Anything above 600kbps and i can stream without freezing, but below that, can stutter & freeze alot.

Now apart from forking out a few quid for a better router that has better wireless range, anything i can do to improve upload speed?

2. Liquidfox

Mobster

Upload speed has no effect on streaming does it?

I'm guessing that when you're plugged in wired that your downstream increases, which is what is making streaming better.

What router do you have at the moment?

3. nutter

Gangster

I mean when im streaming online, the upload speed is what counts not download speed.

Im just useing the basic Sky router.

4. tolien

Caporegime

If it goes up when you're closer to the router or use a cable, it's an issue with your wireless. Either try repositioning the router or wireless adapter, consider replacing either (or both) or look at either HomePlugs (or running a cable).