Sky retentions and HD upgrade

Soldato
Now that sky+ is free would a card that came with a standard box work in a sky+ box?
I have my old sky+ box, and new HD downstairs with standard non sky+ box in the bedroom, could easily run an extra cable from the 4th LNB to it though if I'd be able to use it properly.

Soldato
They will do it for free if its non HD, I did this very recently, bought an 8-way LNB and sky+ box off of ebay, set it all up then rang them up to enable the sky+ functions.

Need to sort out HD now though.

Soldato
Ugh, apart from the 'info' on 'now and next' working properly I HATE the new EPG and prefer the old one on my Sky+ box upstairs. The new one is much more laggy.
I think that's down to the box. My previous Sky+ box (Thompson) was slower than Jade Goody, and the new HD box (Samsung) is faster - although admittedly i still wouldn't call it fast.

Associate
We threatend to leave and got free Sky HD box+installation and 6months free HD package aswell. We used that we are leaving to Virgin media as get better internet and HD box free etc

Soldato
Just call them up, have some balls and just ask. I did this for years with Virgin Media and had silly amounts of discounts applied to my account.

I just have FreeSAT now and O2 Broadband as I hardly watch any TV never mind TV in HD.

Soldato
I signed up just before christmas and the box was FREE. Only cost me £30 'installation' fee and cos' I did it through Quidco I got £100 back AND Sky sent me £50 in M&S vouchers lol, someone got their wires crossed because it was meant to be one or the other.....

Love it! Although since leaving Virgin its been annouced today V+ users can get Sky Movies HD & Sky Sports 1HD & 2HD on their boxes now!

Associate
Was going to post this.

They rang up a few days ago offering me the free HD self install and £10pm - but free for 6 months (or 3). I would've got it, but apartment building = shared dish = no HD.
:confused:
Communal shared dish in apartments tends to mean a single feed, it has no effect on HD, it would only restrict the "+" facilities.

Associate
Back in March Sky were randomly ringing customers offering free HD for a year as reported by many posters on Moneysavingexpert and HUKD.
Although I never really got any call I simply rang Sky and claimed the wife had answered but was unable to accept their offer as I am the account holder. The very helpful lady at Sky checked with her supervisor and came back and said yes :D
I got a new dish, HD box and free install plus free subs (no £10pm) for twelve months, not bad for being cheeky ;)

Back
Top Bottom