Sky: The Race for Perfection

Associate
Watched last night. I'm hoping the rest of the programs have a bit more structure to it as the first one was a bit all over the place and whilst it mostly looked like introducing the personalities of F1 it was very disjointed and had segments that didn't really fit in with the rest of the program (i.e a segment of the Brabham fan car, hardly any other review of F1 tech over the time and then you had the Brabham segment, then hardly anything other on the various evolutions of the technology).

Saying that, the historic clips were very nicely re-mastered, there were some good names as the talking heads with a good breadth of F1 history so should be some good content and anecdotes in the other programs too so still worth a watch.

Fingers crossed for the rest of the series.

Associate
Second one is excellent. I had forgotten what a whingey so-and-so Mansell was, and still is apparently - he was a hell of a racer though.
Great to see Lauda, Hunt, Prost, Piquet.

Associate
I'm enjoying it too. Wasn't aware Prost missed out on so many titles. Could have had quite a haul!

Something that could be said for many champions I guess.

Soldato
Third episode I really enjoyed apart from the fact it didn't cover huge swathes of time and some massively influential cars. Guessing the 60s and 70s will be covered under great engines.

Back
Top Bottom