*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
Got there in the end

I gave notice at the start of Feb , I did extend to the end of March as our house move was out back

This months bill out of contract was £140

So
Sky Q 2TB
Sky Q extra box
Movies
Entertainment
Sport
Phone
Calls unlimited
Line rental
Fibre unlimited

They threw in Netflix UHD as well so that saves me another £12 a month

£87 for 18 months .

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave notice of cancellation to Sky today for TV and Broadband/Talk. Not interested in deals to stay, heading back to Virgin, the have some good deals on just now like their Ultimate oomph, £0 for first three months and then £79 for remaining 15months, includes everything and insane broadband at 630Mbps, 18m contract

• Average download speeds of 630Mbps
  • Average upload speeds of 41Mbps
  • The UK’s fastest widely available broadband – 9x faster than BT and Sky’s
  • Intelligent WiFi helps to deliver our most reliable signal
  • Over 230 channels including the Kids Pick, all the Entertainment Picks, Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema HD and BT Sport 4K
  • Watch and stream on multiple screens with our Virgin TV 360 box and Mini box
  • Inclusive anytime calls to UK landlines∆ and mobiles, plus 0845/0870 numbersϪ
  • Truly unlimited SIM with never-ending data, mins and texts
  • Roam like home in 43 destinations
  • Our next-generation 5G mobile experience

Soldato
Gave notice of cancellation to Sky today for TV and Broadband/Talk. Not interested in deals to stay, heading back to Virgin, the have some good deals on just now like their Ultimate oomph, £0 for first three months and then £79 for remaining 15months, includes everything and insane broadband at 630Mbps, 18m contract

• Average download speeds of 630Mbps
  • Average upload speeds of 41Mbps
  • The UK’s fastest widely available broadband – 9x faster than BT and Sky’s
  • Intelligent WiFi helps to deliver our most reliable signal
  • Over 230 channels including the Kids Pick, all the Entertainment Picks, Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema HD and BT Sport 4K
  • Watch and stream on multiple screens with our Virgin TV 360 box and Mini box
  • Inclusive anytime calls to UK landlines∆ and mobiles, plus 0845/0870 numbersϪ
  • Truly unlimited SIM with never-ending data, mins and texts
  • Roam like home in 43 destinations
  • Our next-generation 5G mobile experience

When they cable our street that's what I'm doing. It's a good deal especially with the sim and bt sports....oh and that BB speed!

Man of Honour
Just pray you have no issues with VM. Atrocious customer service and still a post code lottery if the connection is any good or not.

Soldato
Agree their customer service is beyond incompetent. Left virgin for sky 4 months ago and they *finally* picked up the kit last week.

This is after they assured me I didn't need to return it. Which I double, triple checked with them on the phone. They then proceeded to try and collect the kit from my old address every few weeks....every time I'd tell them I'd moved.....then like clockwork a couple of week later, I'd get the notification they were going to pick it up from my old address again.

Genuinely amazed they can run an ISP, although I guess they inherited it from NTL.

Soldato
I was quite happy paying £85 a month for all channels (inc sports and movies), UHD, multiroom, on demand, netflix, 55/20mb broadband, but all my deals are now ending and it has gone up to £97 this month, £102 next month and £135 in May. Im in contract until 1st June, so will bite the bullet until 1st May then ring up and cancel. I've not been enjoying football recently, plus the season ends and whilst I enjoy the F1, I think I could cope with the C4 highlights and I only have the movies because for £5 a month it was worth having, but £13 a month just for HD is a joke.

If they can get me back to £80 all in I would stay.

Soldato
Agree their customer service is beyond incompetent. Left virgin for sky 4 months ago and they *finally* picked up the kit last week.

This is after they assured me I didn't need to return it. Which I double, triple checked with them on the phone. They then proceeded to try and collect the kit from my old address every few weeks....every time I'd tell them I'd moved.....then like clockwork a couple of week later, I'd get the notification they were going to pick it up from my old address again.

Genuinely amazed they can run an ISP, although I guess they inherited it from NTL.
The front of house service is an exact reflection of how it’s run behind the scenes too. :)

Associate
After nearly two weeks having to chase up the additional Sports discount agreed upon not being applied (and subsequently ending up with it being slightly cheaper) I ended up with the following:

Sky Signature - £13
Ultimate TV Add-on - £5
Sky Sports Complete Pack - £16
Sky Cinema - £11
Sky Sports HD - £2
Sky HD FREE
Multiscreen - £7.50
Ultra HD FREE

Total: £54.50 (inclusive of the April price rise)

Associate
After nearly two weeks having to chase up the additional Sports discount agreed upon not being applied (and subsequently ending up with it being slightly cheaper) I ended up with the following:

Sky Signature - £13
Ultimate TV Add-on - £5
Sky Sports Complete Pack - £16
Sky Cinema - £11
Sky Sports HD - £2
Sky HD FREE
Multiscreen - £7.50
Ultra HD FREE

Total: £54.50 (inclusive of the April price rise)

Seems good.

Just tried talking to them and got nothing close to that!

Sky Signature at £19 a month (that's a £12 discount with an 18-month contract)
Sky Ultimate TV bundle at £5 a month (that's a £1 discount with an 18-month contract)
Kids at £3 (that's a £2 discount)
HD at £5 (that's a £2 discount)
UHD at £4
Complete Sports at £23 (that's a £9 discount with an 18-month contract)
Sky Q Multiscreen at £15 (with an 18-month contract)

This brings your total to £74 a month.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just pray you have no issues with VM. Atrocious customer service and still a post code lottery if the connection is any good or not.
I had Virgin before my current Sky deal (ends 5thApril) and had no issues with any of the equipment or customer service (cant say I remember speaking to them) but the broadband speeds were amazing and that's one of the reasons I've gone back to them. Previously they couldn't do UHD with Sky products but they now include it with the Ultimate oomph bundle and also BT Sport 4k, so I will give them another go on an 18m contract. Also i just prefer the underground cabling to the Sky dish.

Soldato
So I cancelled today they offered me £63 for everything but movies lol (I pay £49 now). No thanks - cya!

What's the deal with cancellations and deals with Sky under new ownership? Are they still as good or gone down the drain?

Back
Top Bottom