*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Mobster
Soldato
That's Sky+ HD with multiroom and every channel, Sky Q I think is less but I don't want Sky Q

£49 all in one was the best price I could get, for everything. £45 prior to the price rise and then £49 thereafter, that's for everything including multiroom on Sky+ HD.

They waived the £10 admin fee

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Cancelled on Feb 20th, stops on 24th March. Communication Preferences always been enabled (Email, Telephone, SMS) but I've not had a response from Sky at all other than the emails confirming I'd cancelled.... Have I got any options or am I better to wait for it to cancel then see if they try to tempt me back?

Soldato
Cancelled on Feb 20th, stops on 24th March. Communication Preferences always been enabled (Email, Telephone, SMS) but I've not had a response from Sky at all other than the emails confirming I'd cancelled.... Have I got any options or am I better to wait for it to cancel then see if they try to tempt me back?
When I cancelled I tried calling twice to see what they could offer to persuade me to stay but both times the offers were frankly poor so I tried the live chat and got a far better offer.

Associate
When I cancelled I tried calling twice to see what they could offer to persuade me to stay but both times the offers were frankly poor so I tried the live chat and got a far better offer.

What did you end up with?

My second attempt on Live Chat.

Sky Signature at £19 a month (that's a £12 discount with an 18-month contract)
Sky Ultimate Add On £5 (that’s a £1 discount)
Sky Kids £2 (that’s a £3 discount)
Sky HD £4 (that’s a £3 discount)
Sky UHD £4
Sky Sports Complete pack £21 (that’s a £11 discount with an 18 month contract)
Sky Multiscreen £11 (that’s a £4 discount)

This brings your total to £66 per month with a one off £20 admin fee

Current contract runs out 9th May.

Edit. Told them i'm leaving on 9th may.

Last edited:
Soldato
What did you end up with?

My second attempt on Live Chat.

Sky Signature at £19 a month (that's a £12 discount with an 18-month contract)
Sky Ultimate Add On £5 (that’s a £1 discount)
Sky Kids £2 (that’s a £3 discount)
Sky HD £4 (that’s a £3 discount)
Sky UHD £4
Sky Sports Complete pack £21 (that’s a £11 discount with an 18 month contract)
Sky Multiscreen £11 (that’s a £4 discount)

This brings your total to £66 per month with a one off £20 admin fee

Current contract runs out 9th May.

Edit. Told them i'm leaving on 9th may.
I think it was around 50 quid for the full package down from 70s which was the best offers I had over the phone.

Associate
I think it was around 50 quid for the full package down from 70s which was the best offers I had over the phone.

Yeah, I know they can do better. It just seems a pointless exercise, should just offer these deals from the off.

Will see if they ring/text or drop an offer in my account

Last edited:
Soldato
They have a responsibility to their shareholders to maximise profit and return on investment.
Of course, and the best way of doing that is to be competitive.

The best way to deliver shareholder return is to focus on the things that impact it - new customers, churn, net/gross retention - not just 'charge each customer as much as we can'.

Caporegime
Of course, and the best way of doing that is to be competitive.

The best way to deliver shareholder return is to focus on the things that impact it - new customers, churn, net/gross retention - not just 'charge each customer as much as we can'.
Churn prior to Covid was at its lowest for three years and ARPU was on the rise pretty much every time they announced their results. This was despite many here and elsewhere saying Sky was doomed due to streaming services. Sky has embraced streaming by including streaming apps on their Q box making it much easier to watch without swapping remotes, inputs etc. Sky know they have a pretty unique product and service and charge accordingly. Many seek discounts but as many have found since the Comcast takeover offers to stay are becoming fewer and at a lesser discount.

Soldato
Churn prior to Covid was at its lowest for three years and ARPU was on the rise pretty much every time they announced their results. This was despite many here and elsewhere saying Sky was doomed due to streaming services. Sky has embraced streaming by including streaming apps on their Q box making it much easier to watch without swapping remotes, inputs etc. Sky know they have a pretty unique product and service and charge accordingly. Many seek discounts but as many have found since the Comcast takeover offers to stay are becoming fewer and at a lesser discount.
All good, then.

I think as long as Sky retain a great Sport offering it's a bright future. For everything else, (for us at least) Netflix and Prime are FAR stronger platforms. Putting streaming apps on boxes is nice, but (again, for us) not worth the price Sky are charging. It'll be interesting watching the future for them.

Soldato
Putting streaming apps on boxes is nice, but (again, for us) not worth the price Sky are charging. It'll be interesting watching the future for them.

Banging a few apps that is included on every modern smart TV is hardly revolutionary, they were forced to do it, but it looks like it was made out to be 'embracing' it, lol. If they were embracing it they'd have partnered with a TV manufacturer and offer an app on the TV that lets you stream all Sky channels without a sat dish, maybe in 2030.

I agree with you it is just too expensive unless you are suckered into it for sports.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Banging a few apps that is included on every modern smart TV is hardly revolutionary, they were forced to do it, but it looks like it was made out to be 'embracing' it, lol. If they were embracing it they'd have partnered with a TV manufacturer and offer an app on the TV that lets you stream all Sky channels without a sat dish, maybe in 2030.

I agree with you it is just too expensive unless you are suckered into it for sports.
Why limit yourself to one tv manufacturer when a box you provide works with any tv?

Soldato
Unfortunately the Sky Q Netflix app doesn’t support DV, so using the app on TV is best anyway.

As for an app on TVs for Sky, I’d have thought Sky would want to make the most of the satellites they hoofed up into space for a little while longer yet, they’re not cheap.

Caporegime
Unfortunately the Sky Q Netflix app doesn’t support DV, so using the app on TV is best anyway.

As for an app on TVs for Sky, I’d have thought Sky would want to make the most of the satellites they hoofed up into space for a little while longer yet, they’re not cheap.
They announced development of an IP based Sky service via Sky Q but last I heard development had more or less been stopped in its tracks. Not sure why though.

Associate
They have a responsibility to their shareholders to maximise profit and return on investment.

But it's common knowledge now that to get the best offer tou need to actually cancel. So that's what people do, then they offer the decent deals.

It just seems like a long winded process that's not needed?

Or maybe I'm missing the point?

Soldato
They announced development of an IP based Sky service via Sky Q but last I heard development had more or less been stopped in its tracks. Not sure why though.

Oh it’s inevitable for sure, but since they’re pushing “4K UHD” down and hybridised with their on-demand services being internet based, there’s not really any rush yet. Best of both worlds.

Caporegime
But it's common knowledge now that to get the best offer tou need to actually cancel. So that's what people do, then they offer the decent deals.

It just seems like a long winded process that's not needed?

Or maybe I'm missing the point?

There are many people that have never called Sky for a bill reduction ever. Thousands upon thousands that aren't in contract and paying standard pricing.

Back
Top Bottom