*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
Is that definitely still the case? There's no mention of 4k/UHD on the Multiscreen description, and it lets me add UHD (with corresponding price increase) to the basket after adding multiscreen.
Unless it’s changed in the past two years then it’s included.I’m confirming though!

Associate
UHD included in Multiscreen.

I am end of contract and looking at the website deals too and I am seeing the same as HangTime.

Multiroom is £15 for one extra box Sky Go Extra on 4 devices. 4k/UHD (with Netflix Premium if applicable) is £11 or £7 when Multiroom is taken.

For the first time in 12 years I am seriously tempted to leave if I can find a good solution for getting TV into my son's extension, as we can use freesat. We don't have 4k and can probably work around a lower Netflix sub. Just need to figure out the broadband side.

Soldato
Currently very happy with Virgin Ultimate Oomph package at 3 months £0, 15 months £79 on 18m contract with the new broadband speed at 630mbps. Unlimited phone calls and free mobile sim. Left Sky recently and getting letters offering £33pm for Sky Tv/ Sports and Cinema and if you want Uhd add on, £3pm for HD(still charging for this), £4pm for Uhd (ok if it included Hd), £10pm for multiscreen and £28pm broadband (59Mbps) which equals £78pm. Simply does not compare with the virgin deal at all. Must do better Sky if going to compete, but they can never compete with Virgin broadband speeds or phone packages.

Associate
Looks like I am going to going to move to Virgin despite my general dislike of them from a CS P.O.V (parent's with them for as long as I can remember).

I was going to keep Sky broadband but having a few equipment and Wifi issues and decided I may keep Sky Q Sig/Multiroom with Netflix and UHD for the extra user boost if they could at least offer the same deal as on the website (£65) and the Wifi boost for the £1 they talked about ealier this month would be great but a deal breaker.

The young women on the I got using the 'stay with us' phone number in a text wasn't exactly on the ball in that she didn't listen to what I requested as a package the first time, then she gave me a price of £79 for the same package without Boost. When I said for that price I may as well go to Virgin for the speed she hung up. I wasn't rude, it was just a statement of act about the offer expecting her to look at the offer pricing.

Man of Honour
My Sky contract is ending in January and unless they drastically improve I can't see me staying with them. Paying for HD, poor bit rate, sound dropouts, slow progression, 1080i still, locked to 50hz, slow adoption of HDR etc etc. Really quite poor for a company that used to be the innovators.

Associate
They appear to have finally fixed the sound drop-out issue on the HDR capable V3 Q boxes at least. I've been beta-testing the new Q160 software for the past couple of days and haven't had a single drop-out. Hopefully it stays that way. Others on the Sky Community forums are reporting similar success with this new software so it should be rolled out to everyone soon.

Man of Honour
They appear to have finally fixed the sound drop-out issue on the HDR capable V3 Q boxes at least. I've been beta-testing the new Q160 software for the past couple of days and haven't had a single drop-out. Hopefully it stays that way. Others on the Sky Community forums are reporting similar success with this new software so it should be rolled out to everyone soon.
For the premium you pay you'd think they would have sorted this ages ago.

Associate
For the premium you pay you'd think they would have sorted this ages ago.
Tell me about it. I've been moaning to them since September last year. Managed to get a hefty discount on my monthly sub as compensation though. I'm hoping they don't bother to remove it if the problem is indeed fixed!

Soldato
Glad I'm not alone - I have the HDR capable box too (joined Sky in November). The audio drop out was prominent at the beginning but we haven't seen it happen in ages.

Aside from the occasional HDCP error on start up which rectifies itself after a minute, it's been flawless ever since.

Associate
Does anyone have problems with their sky internet? Everyday around 12am, ours drops out
Nope. That's the one Sky product I've never had a problem with in over a decade. I switched from their standard broadband to fibre a few years ago and it's always worked flawlessly. I get a very stable 74Mbps download 19Mbps upload speed.

Soldato
I was trying to see if Virgin could match Sky as would have preferred Virgin as less drilling and installation of a dish.

Think Sky is best because Netflix is included.

I'm still umming and arring

Just binned Sky for Virgin. Virgin ultimate oomph package. Already had virgin BB so cost £47 p/m on top of BB package. Sky wouldn't budge on renewal price @49.50 p/m. I'll need to subscribe to Netflix on top but will now get Sky movie channels which I didn't have before.

Soldato
Just binned Sky for Virgin. Virgin ultimate oomph package. Already had virgin BB so cost £47 p/m on top of BB package. Sky wouldn't budge on renewal price @49.50 p/m. I'll need to subscribe to Netflix on top but will now get Sky movie channels which I didn't have before.
Don't you need their (Virgin's) cable to your house?

Back
Top Bottom