*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Caporegime
Here's a radical suggestion. Pay the price for the services you want? For everyone that gets a discount there are others who are subsidising them. Sorry mr gas man, I'm not happy paying that price for your service. Mr TV licence? I want a half price deal.

Can't afford the price for the package you want? Don't get that package until you can.

Sky's level of churn is at its lowest level for about four years. They have no real incentive to offer deal after deal just to keep you. As for the guy who suggested why they couldn't offer six months free? I weep for the future should you ever run a business.

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's a radical suggestion. Pay the price for the services you want? For everyone that gets a discount there are others who are subsidising them. Sorry mr gas man, I'm not happy paying that price for your service. Mr TV licence? I want a half price deal.

Can't afford the price for the package you want? Don't get that package until you can.

Sky's level of churn is at its lowest level for about four years. They have no real incentive to offer deal after deal just to keep you. As for the guy who suggested why they couldn't offer six months free? I weep for the future should you ever run a business.

Well they have made a rod for their own back by offering people 50% for 12 months. If my next door neighbour gets the same package as me but for half the price then I'm going to want the same deal! If they didn't start posting letters to folk offering these amazing deals then people wouldn't be expecting the deals. I know you work for them and it more than likely gets to you but you can't blame the customer for wanting the same service as many others have been offered. You would be the same way if it was me getting a gfx card for a 50% discount and you weren't offered the same deal.

Can't type for toffee
Don

Why should he pay £x for the services he wants, when it's widely publicised here (by people including yourself) and elsewhere that sky is available at 50% off for an entire year for all services?

If they have no incentive at all to give offer to retain/gain customer then why do they seemingly have a constant 50-75% off offer depending on where you look? And then on top of it additional kickbacks of M&S vouchers! I won't even begin to mention cashback as high as £200+

When my F&F deal ran out I told then to cancel all services, in all honesty I only took the movies and sports and everything as it was half price, only thing I didn't take was multiroom. Found myself using movies and sport very little so had those removed, package changed to the Entertainment+ pack with the HD sub removed that was enough for me but they then gave me free line rental for 12month on top of the already subsidized BB.

That's not the actions of a company that has no incentive to retain customers

Associate

I don't necessarily disagree but I don't understand how those users are being subsidised? The cost of the account is surely covered within the first year, after that point I can't really see how there's any significant extra cost from retaining those customers on Sky?

Associate
if they are offering the sub for a full year half price then they are obviously stiill making money so cant be that bad off when they must double if not triple their profits on the full sub customers

Associate
I cancelled Sky about 4 months ago and few nights go I recieved a phone call. They offered me 75% off for 12 months plus £50 bill credit and even no 12 month contract term so I accepted it. Now paying approx £22 per month for Sports, Movies and HD package.

Man of Honour

Why bother when the vendor appears to freely offer these deals?

Soldato
I had Sky once circa 2006-2007. Realised I was wasting money as I hardly spend 2 hours a month watching TV. I stream the things I want to see and whatever I can't get on stream (yet to happen), I'll just stay without.

I do have their broadband though. Been proving very good so far.

Soldato
OP

You sound like you are proud to work for Sky

Do you enjoy the FREE Sky HD as well?

Associate
I've got the full tv package for half price for a year through the F&F deal, which works out at £31.50 a month. Not sure whether I'll pay the full amount but I love my cricket and not sure I can put up with crappy streams

Soldato
OP
I've got the full tv package for half price for a year through the F&F deal, which works out at £31.50 a month. Not sure whether I'll pay the full amount but I love my cricket and not sure I can put up with crappy streams

what is F and F?

Associate
^ Friends & Family maybe?

I had Sky years ago but I out right refuse to pay them a penny. There are channels on there owned by the BBC which are not available by any other means and yet I am still paying for a TV license! I will not pay for a TV license and a subscription to watch TV!

Stoner81.

Caporegime
^ Friends & Family maybe?

I had Sky years ago but I out right refuse to pay them a penny. There are channels on there owned by the BBC which are not available by any other means and yet I am still paying for a TV license! I will not pay for a TV license and a subscription to watch TV!

Stoner81.

I'd love to know what BBC channels aren't on freeview that are on Sky.

i don't pay for my Sky at the moment but have in the past as it happens. I bet a lot of you get free work perks!

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
I joined sky this year with a F&F code via these forums :) came in very handy
Telephone, BB, TV(+HD- Formula1)

Downsides are:

Only 1 connection to the sky box (can't use record function properly)

HD+ Box takes 2-4mins to load from cold boot.

Far to many adverts

I will be leaving them but keeping BB/Telephone.

can't afford £55+ odd a month

Soldato
Sky are completely out of touch with their customers in my opinion and because there's no real competition to them, they can afford to be.

For example, why are the same movies repeated week in week out for two months at a time, when those exact same movies are on Anytime? If they're available to watch any time, why waste a channel by showing the same movie?

Why not use the standard channels to air a mixture of movies? There must be thousands of movies out there, yet Sky insist on repeating the movies that have just become available to air. Horrible Bosses or Immortals anyone?

Don't even get me started on SkyGo. We pay for multi room yet still only get the two device with one device change a month limit, this with a house hold containing two 18-35 year old gadget lovers who both have a smartphone and tablet a piece.

Soldato
I cancelled Sky about 4 months ago and few nights go I recieved a phone call. They offered me 75% off for 12 months plus £50 bill credit and even no 12 month contract term so I accepted it. Now paying approx £22 per month for Sports, Movies and HD package.

Yep, i got the same deal in July. I now pay £43 pcm for all sky channels and 2 extra multi-room boxes (3 rooms in total).

Quite happy with that, but no way will i pay full price when the contrac is up. If they don't offer a good deal, we'll cancel.

Permabanned
I have been Paying £44 a month for sky sports entertainment and sky sports
but it was becoming too much money to spend, so today after 10 years with Sky I have cancelled my account.

He offered me 25% off but that is still too expensive.

I was surprised that the man was not really that bothered and didn't do much to convince me to stay with them.

Any of you cancelled sky before?

There's more to life than the bloody TV, good on you mate!

Back
Top Bottom