*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Soldato
That they are lol, it's well know sky offer deals like these to "win back" customers, I was offered a package that was £81 a month for £57. I'm watching less and less sky tv and only actually got sky for the F1. But I'm looking at getting my BB and phone with them so trying for the best deal I can get. Is that a problem for you?

Soldato
OP
That they are lol, it's well know sky offer deals like these to "win back" customers, I was offered a package that was £81 a month for £57. I'm watching less and less sky tv and only actually got sky for the F1. But I'm looking at getting my BB and phone with them so trying for the best deal I can get. Is that a problem for you?

problem for who?!:)

Soldato
So once it's ready to expire you phone up to bluff about cancelling for cheaper deals?

No need. Sky phone me pretty much weekly offering me this and that. It was they that offered me HD for half price for 12 months, not me calling them.

Either way you asked for proof and now you seem even less happy. Oh well.

Associate
When I cancelled they kept phoning me and sending me letters for 2 years, I couldnt do anything about it through the Telephone Preference Service because I had a contract with then previously, I would never go back to them again after 2 years of harassment

Soldato
Sky TV
Hide details
£32.87
Billing Period Charges Discounts

HD Pack Discounted 11/12/12 - 10/01/13 £5.13 CR

Sky+ Subscription 11/12/12 - 10/01/13 FREE

Entertainment Extra with Sports and Movies HD 11/12/12 - 10/01/13 £65.75
Viewing Subscription Discounted 11/12/12 - 10/01/13 £27.75 CR

Sky TV total: £32.87

Associate
Sky is Cheaper...

My two pence-worth!

Talk Talk as a broadband connection isnt as bad as it used to be anymore, infact its pretty good now, as long as your not bothered about downloading P2P during peak hours then they are spot on - TT customer service can be dire - but head over to their forum and you get too speak to well knowledgeable people in UK who have access to accounts.

I cant comment much about YouView but my understanding of it is its just a freeview box with PVR and OnDemand for 1,2,3,4,5 - we all know freeview is poor for viewing, I mean you get 1-5 , ITV 2,3,4 and Film Four and thats about all thats worth watching... nothing to get excited about, at least with sky theres much more than that...suppose its ok if you dont want to pay for anything.

Talk Talk TV, Phone & Broadband is £15.50 + Line Rental
SKY TV, Phone & Broadband is £29 + Line Rental

If you add the 'TV Boosts' on Talk Talk TV to get the same as sky it actually costs more than sky does.. and even then you have to have reliable and decent speed broadband to receive it through...

Entertainment Extra = £15
Music = £5
Kids = £5
TOTAL = £25

£25 + £15.50 + £14.95 = £55.45 Per month (Talk Talk)
£29 + £14.50 = £43.50 Per month (sky)

sky is £12 cheaper for the same channels, phone line & broadband (better broadband too)

Last edited:
Soldato
we all know freeview is poor for viewing, I mean you get 1-5 , ITV 2,3,4 and Film Four and thats about all thats worth watching...

Huh? Sure, some of the channels do rely on repeats a little too much, but it's usually fairly easy to find something to watch on Freeview assuming you're in an area that gets the full compliment of channels, not to mention a few of them in HD. There are plenty of other channels worth watching more than any of the crappy ITV channels.

Associate
Huh? Sure, some of the channels do rely on repeats a little too much, but it's usually fairly easy to find something to watch on Freeview assuming you're in an area that gets the full compliment of channels, not to mention a few of them in HD. There are plenty of other channels worth watching more than any of the crappy ITV channels.

aye fair do's , I didnt mean to offend anyone who has a freeview box (which I obviously am/have hehe) - I am a sky TV & Broadband customer but I think their prices are extortionate.. but they know they have the better viewing so charge silly money for it - sky raked in over 1 BILLION in profits last year, and then they put price up on line rental by £2.25... they could easily slash prices drastically on the TV yet gain enough new customers to cover the difference and perhaps make even more profits over time.

Soldato
A shed load of stuff is repeated on Sky, it's only the sheer amount of channels which stop it from being like freeview. I still watch BBC and ITV, I will miss the discovery HD,turbo,shed. the F1 channel, Atlantic and FX (Game of thrones and The walking dead) But then we all know we can see all programming bar the F1 chan else where.

Back
Top Bottom